when to take

Status
Not open for further replies.

john b

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all
Need a little advice please.What do i do when i am about to take med and are already low do i miss or should i eat and then take med.i am type 2 on metforming

Ta

hi john sorry i cant help as aint ever been lo but i hope you are ok now and have managed to sort things

On the occaisons when I am low, I have a snack if I am between meals. If it is meal time, I have my meal and test again later to see how things are going. The thing here I think is to keep testing to see how you get on and just take the normal dose next meal if you are due one.

Depends on what medication you are taking - I'm assuming metforming = metformin. best to ask advice from your diabetes team / GP / practice nurse etc, as they know more about your situation.

Hi all
Need a little advice please.What do i do when i am about to take med and are already low do i miss or should i eat and then take med.i am type 2 on metforming

Ta
I always take mine with a meal, otherwise I get tummy troubles. Keep an eye on your levels though, maybe check more often today and have some lucozade handy just in case. How low are your readings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back