When I’m sat on my A**e

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have observed that if I am sat down, doing nothing (i.e., the daily office working position) then my BG number are ok, however since Friday (I'm now on leave) as soon as I go out and do what would be classified as ‘light garden work’ I have ended up in Hypo Territory 3 days in a row. So, time to act as I can’t just sit around all day. I’m currently on the max dose of my good friend Gliclazide (twice a day) as well as Metformin so I’m going to halve the Gliclazide dose in the morning and see if that help to stop dropping me down.

I think it’s important to self-monitor and drive your own health decisions. I will keep you posted with the outcome of this little trial. 😱

I have observed that if I am sat down, doing nothing (i.e., the daily office working position) then my BG number are ok, however since Friday (I'm now on leave) as soon as I go out and do what would be classified as ‘light garden work’ I have ended up in Hypo Territory 3 days in a row. So, time to act as I can’t just sit around all day. I’m currently on the max dose of my good friend Gliclazide (twice a day) as well as Metformin so I’m going to halve the Gliclazide dose in the morning and see if that help to stop dropping me down.

I think it’s important to self-monitor and drive your own health decisions. I will keep you posted with the outcome of this little trial. 😱
I think that is what @Brambleberry had to do when they were on holiday, I'm not sure if they adjusted it back when they returned home.

Gardening hypo's are notorious for those with type 1 & use insulin so similar experience to yourself, hope your plan works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back