what's your highest ever blood sugar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyt

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
I am having high blood sugars..lots of reasons. Just wondered what your highest readings have been? waiting to start byetta. I am currently taking 3 different tablets. I can find alot about low sugars but not high, although did read something about 40!!😱 never been that bad!!..just curious really.

cheers
kelly x

Once had a reading where the meter could not even read it , it read HI, but the highest i have actually had was a 27.

unreadble when found out i had diabetes, after diagonses no higher than 12

wow 27! i have never recorded that high but i'm sure i have been..i've been in denial for years hopin it'd go away but never has...Mine was gestational that never went away although they always say it does :(

At diagnosis mine was up at near 40.0 according to my doctors. Nasty stuff.

Highest i've seen since then was a 35, after a night of heavy drinking. Totally regret that now though

I dont drink often and never tested when i have really, i always thought alcohol lowered sugars so i eat when i get home..oops! thanks for the reply salmon puff..love the name lol

I dont drink often and never tested when i have really, i always thought alcohol lowered sugars so i eat when i get home..oops! thanks for the reply salmon puff..love the name lol

Alcohol will raise then drop levels = the sugar/carbs gives a quick boost, but the liver stops producing its own glucose whilst it is processing alcohol, so levels generally fall afterwards.

My highest was 37, at diagnosis with severe DKA😱 But I have heard of someone here with 100!

I once had a 33, when I completely forgot to take my insulin. It did not feel good. I dont know what I was at diagnosis.

hi there mine has also read hi and then a while afterwards it was 27..im currently on a brand new 7 day monitor very clever part of it is inplanted in your tummy with a micro chip storing the information and the other part is like a mobile phone..it reads my blood glucose every 5 minutes

highest blood sugar was 22 when i was diagnoised in october 09. i was in hospital when i was diagnoised, because i had had a seizure, the seizures were diagnoised jan 2010 as epilepsy.

not been as high as 22 since

angie

Highest for me has been 28.9 which was a couple of months ago... felt nothing didn't even think I was that high... a little sleepy but that's nothing new with all the meds I take..

I tend to stay away from alcohol these days as it causes too much hassle.. when I was just on diet and exercise 1/2 a pint would send me to sleep as it increased my sugars..lol since being on tablets and then insulin as well I tend not to drink.

Mine has read as HI but as for actual reading I've had 30+ My levels usually sit 15-20 but are starting to come lower and under control x

I've had a 34.x on two occassions. Both my own fault, having something I shouldn't.

I always remember the first one. It was right after I was diagnosed 13 years ago. Was staying up late with a bunch of friends at one of their houses to watch boxing on pay per view and we ordered a massive pizza and butterscotch milkshakes. I had no idea of carb counting or anything back then :(

NiVZ

Mine was 33. I was probably higher when diagnosed, but wasn't told the number.

Thank you for all of your replies..didn't expect to get so many :D.

I dont feel so bad now with my 18's!. Hopefully they will calm down as soon as i start the Byetta. Have to say this seems a lovely calm forum.

kelly x

Thank you for all of your replies..didn't expect to get so many :D.

I dont feel so bad now with my 18's!. Hopefully they will calm down as soon as i start the Byetta. Have to say this seems a lovely calm forum.

kelly x

Cool calm and collective thats us kelly lol.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back