Whats type 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
have joined and am finding site very helpful have seen that some people are type 1.5 lada this may be a stupid question but wots this
cheers
gail

This is me as well, I had the big blood test done to find out if I was type one or two, I?m not over weight about 11 stone wet and eat very well. I was told that they no longer put you in the type one or two boxes, apparently my body is producing some insulin but I?m insulin resistant. As well as injecting twice a day I have now been put on Metformin one a day. I was told these things help your body either produce insulin or help become non resistant. Something is working as I?ve found that I now need to reduce my intake of insulin both in the morning and evening. I have to be carful and make sure I test about three hours after breakfast and just before lunch I found by taking the tablet my levels were down to 3.5 ? 4.5 at lunch time, before taking it they were always around the 6 mark, also my evening readings are slightly lower depending if I have a midday snack. I?m still getting to grips and trying to balance everything out at the moment and due to see my nurse next month to talk over the results. But my BS levels are noticeably lower so something is happening not really sure what though

Sean

Thanks for that Steff, it fits with me quite well, I was started off on insulin from the outset as my levels were very high at the time. They were unsure if I was 1 or 2 so I just kept on at them to find out after all it?s in my interest to know. From my understanding and reading it basically leads to type one anyway just takes a bit longer to get there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back