gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
a podiatrist and a chiropodist and how they care for you
cheers
gail

Podiatrist is the modern name for Chiropodist apparently, so a podiatrist told me recently.
C 🙂

There is no difference between a chiropodist and a podiatrist.

The main aim as a chiropodist/podiatrist is to assess, diagnose and treat abnormalities and diseases of the lower limb.

Thanks guys reason I ask is as I put on another tread my gp is happy for me to see a chiropodist on nhs or private, One at chemist near me, I got her card and it said chiropodist and like a wally i was just not sure if they were the same or not. Will make an appointment with her when i get back off respite. Dont get me wrong I have nothing against the nhs at all, its just that shes closer to home and journey will not involve taxi ride and me freaking out and the appointment will be a lot sooner and boy o boy do my feet need seeing to.
gail

There isn't a difference.

The term podiatrist originated in the US and only seems to have come into usage in the UK in the last 20 years. So it is probably down to the same reasoning why school dances are now excruciatingly called 'proms' and why we now have 'trick or treat' inflicted upon us every year. 🙄

must be something derivingfrom latin not only from usa because" piede" in italian means foot so there is something in there

I read that podiatrists deal exclusively with feet, but chiropodists also deal with hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back