What's the average rent for a studio or 1 bedroom flat in your city in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Benbow

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
So I just got back to Asia from a 3 week vacation in Canada and boy was it expensive compared to here. I only pay about 382 pounds here but rent in the bit cities like Vancouver and Toronto is like $3000 CDN (1763 pounds). Even in the cheaper cities rents are like 900 pounds. Things I also noticed were the tipping culture, were even fast food wants a tip of 5%, and most restaurants are asking 20%. Gas prices were high as well.
I know the UK has issues, but it might be marginally better than Canada. Let me know your thoughts and please tell me average rents in your city.

Think this is more off topic than general diabetes but I’ve just had a look online. The cheapest 1 bed flat in my town (right move, just sorted lowest to highest) is £795 per month. That’s unfurnished, no bills included, and need to provide evidence of earning £24k+ a year to view it. Deposit is £917.

Not sure how to find average rent in my city but assuming considerably higher than that.

Rents are rising rapidly where I live. I own an apartment the City Centre and some of my neighbours are advertising their 2 bed apartments for £1,300 - £1,500 and 3 beds for more than that. I don't know if they are getting it, though. I suppose with mortgage rates increasing, Landlords are getting it tough and need to increase rents to cover mortgages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back