Whats in your handbag/bag

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
In my handbag I have I have hand cream, carbs/cals, my diary, pen, 2 letters, purse, glasses and phone

I have a man bag! - Insulin(s) and pen(s), needles, BG Meter, test strips, ketone strips, big bag of Haribos - phone and wallet in pockets as they won't fit in my man bag lol (carbs & cals on my phone!)

I have a marsupial that always contains my phone, wallet and travel card and usually at least one insulin pen. Jelly babies are in a little Muji box, holds six, in my pocket.

In my man bag I have insulin pens and needles, BG monitor and test strips , a bag of jelly babies, a couple of 2 pack biscuits liberated from hotel tea trays , a carton of orange juice and a copy of my prescription.

I have a small cross chest pouch which holds my Libre reader, my Fiasp, a spare needle, I think there may be 2 or 3 out of date Optium test strips, 6 JBs, money and bank card and a lip salve.... oh and my phone. This is my every day working bag, but if I am going out I have a handbag with much more comprehensive contents which I couldn't possibly divulge as the contents of a woman's handbag are a mystery and a wonder and it would lose that magical mystery element if I listed them...... I might also find a few things in there I have been looking for for months if not years and probably given up ever finding!

I have a small shoulder bag with wide webbing strap for pillion bike riding. Contents: wallet, tissues,lipsalve, glasses,keys and phone. Added jelliatrics and a few oatcakes when prescribed Gliclazide. Main handbag is a proper Mary Poppins job. Everything but the kitchen sink plus whatever hubby asks me to carry when we are out and about that won't fit in his pockets.

Strangest thing I've ever had in my handbag was the HT lead off a car late last century, when we attended an event in the fleshpots of Brum so had to park in a city multistorey carpark for the evening and as we lived 20 miles away, couldn't afford some low life stealing it. Even if they got in it, wouldn't be able to start it, so would steal another one instead was the logic Husband Mk 1 applied to this. Didn't matter that I'd deliberately chosen not taken my usual pantechnicon (this forum has underlined that word in red despite me deliberately checking to make sure I'd spelled it right) of a handbag.

My housekeys complete with the brass fob a good friend gave me at my 40th birthday party which I'd promoted as my 21st party, cos I never had one of those in reality, so Lin responded 'in kind' by giving me that! 🙂 Purse, BG meter, tissues, comb, little tin of Vaseline with aloe vera, small folding mirror (normal & magnifying) in soft case, diary, decent pen, phone, glasses cleaning cloth.

In my manbag which i've brought with me on holiday to Barcelona i have 3 insulin pens(in a separate clear zip up bag), my new blood sugar checking machine,my blood Glucose strips, my D3 Caplets,a pack of Haribo star mix,a bottle of orange Juice and a copy of my prescription

Back