Whats happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
IMG_1641.pngI injected my basal at 6am thrn about 15 mins or so later i start dropping. Im usuallu rising a bit. Been eating glucose to stop it as i darnt get up and do my breakfast yet. My dosage was right. Could i have caught a vein and will it slow down?

That’s a slow drop down @gillrogers so it could just be one of those things. Usually I rise when I get up, but for about a week recently my blood sugar went down instead 🙄 Just keep a close eye on things and set your Low alarm for 5.6. I found that I had less of a spike after breakfast too so just be aware.

Hi Inka, it slowed because i staryed munching glucose. It went down to 5.8mmol before leveling out on a units worth of glucose. My morning ratio is 6g carbs to 1 mmol. But as i didnt want to ruin my breakfast i was muching half a tablet at a time in 20min intervals. I know my basal will swing another drop from 11am so i dont want to be this low now. Just dont know how to play my breakfast with my bolus timing without risking massive spike. I usualky prebolus now at 14 minutes

Glucose has now just kicked in.

Hmm, you could slightly reduce your breakfast bolus if you’re worried. I know that might make you go high but you’d have to decide if that was worth the risk. It’s stressful dropping when you’re not supposed to, Spi understand your concern. If it were me, I’d probably have a low carb breakfast and just a tiny bolus so I could see how things played out (ie make sure I has a minimal amount of insulin on board)

Ive just bolused half a unit less and done my usual .

Fingers crossed

I injected my basal at 6am thrn about 15 mins or so later i start dropping. Im usuallu rising a bit. Been eating glucose to stop it as i darnt get up and do my breakfast yet. My dosage was right. Could i have caught a vein and will it slow down?
That does not look concerning to me.
I would certainly not start eating carbs until my levels were lower than 5.
A couple of reasons for this
- the CGM is not that accurate. If I was really concerned, I would check with a finger prick.
- no two days are alike. For example, if I did an intensive workout the day before, I would not experience DP.
- if you hit a vein, the fall would be much much sharper.

That does not look concerning to me.
I would certainly not start eating carbs until my levels were lower than 5.
A couple of reasons for this
- the CGM is not that accurate. If I was really concerned, I would check with a finger prick.
- no two days are alike. For example, if I did an intensive workout the day before, I would not experience DP.
- if you hit a vein, the fall would be much much sharper.
Hi Gelli, i did do stict tests to confirm and they did. Had my brrakfast, less half a unit and dropped 1.5 mmol after my bolus kicked in. And again confimed with stick test. Another fast acting tab eaten. I didnt do any exercise yesyerday other than a 5 minwalk to the shop.

Not had anything like the spike i expected. Im at a loss. The last two days worked well. Looking back i only ever seem to work well when my basal is dropping. And thats certainly shown me over night by the looks of it and this morning. So tonight and tomorrow ill drop my basal by half each again and watch everything go wrong. Todays supposed to be my "me" day that i set aside for me to do the stuff i like doing with no hassell or stress. It never happens. Sorry im having a grump as i thought id got it and regained some confidense to get a wee bit lower and this happens. .

No i didnt. I dont drink. Its not a big rise and its more like from the foot on the floor thing. The minute i move. But looking at my trace for the night i was on a very slow drop then a small slow rise after qbout 3.30am. it happened 15 mins after i gave my morning basal. I think my basal, evening and day is too high. Thing is i cant tell weather adjustments needed are basal or bolus needed. I should do a basal test but i don't have the weight on me to do them now and i cant keep a basal level for more than a coupke of days anyway so they seem pointless, so i just cant make adjustments and say that works like i did yesterday because today it hasn't.

Hi @Inka , Fine this morning, I lowered my basal yesterday evening by half but that proved wrong and bg stayed up after dinner and a correction unit at bed time didn’t work at all. But that probably cos I got my self in a right state! Lowered by day time basal and was fine, kept my evening basal tonight as I did yesterday and it’s better than last night but I’ve not got myself in a stew like I did yesterday over it.

The advice is to look for trends and not make changes based on a single meal or day.

The advice is to look for trends and not make changes based on a single meal or day.
Yes it was actualky based on the trend. When i looked back my post meal spikes were gettong lower and lower. And that drop i have just before lunch was getting steeper and steeper. And night time i was sliding down. But because everyting was what i thought was working well, i think i ignored the warning signs. Yesterday went to well again and i took the decision and dropoed my basal by half again and breakfast worked and i started a drop at my usual time. This is after my breakfast insulin has depleated. I’ve just checked my barometer and the air pressure is dropping and has been all week. Can’t remember who ut was but someone else here finds air pressure affects them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back