What would you like your MP / the gov to do for your diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny105

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
My MP went to the Diabetes UK conference @ Westminster. She wrote back to me about it. So write on here and toy your MP something that needs changing to help you as a Diabetic
Keep it simple. Each person give their own idea. I'll pass the ideas on . MP wants to make a difference

Get my local area to follow the nice guidelines and allow t2 on MDI insulin and testing 8+ times a day to be prescribed the libre

Get my local area to follow the nice guidelines and allow t2 on MDI insulin and testing 8+ times a day to be prescribed the libre
Cost neutral too, so libre no more expensive than testing 6+ times a day. But that's besides the real point. The libre is a whole different experience, it can change your life for the better, can't put a price on that!

My MP went to the Diabetes UK conference @ Westminster. She wrote back to me about it. So write on here and toy your MP something that needs changing to help you as a Diabetic
Keep it simple. Each person give their own idea. I'll pass the ideas on . MP wants to
Keep it simple. Each person give their own idea. I'll pass the ideas on . MP wants to make a difference
Hi

Hi , just read all your details. Am a little confused why the nurse thinks your HbA1c at 44 is a little low. Low for what? Or have I misunderstood?

A better system for disposing of Sharps. It's very hit and miss in Devon with different organisations, failure to deliver collection boxes then failure to collect.

Ive just had a new HbA1c test . Do you mind if i comment after March 21 when I speak to the Nurse. Im not typical and Im having other tests at the mo. I will be seeking clarification at the meeting . Ignore the very unusual reading perhaps i shouldnt have shared them. I was very ignorant at the beginning .

Bring Blood Glucose Testing into the 21st Century for everyone and not just those of us lucky enough to have a CGM. Investment, Support, Encouragement should be provided for technology companies who may identify a good non-invasive alternative.
If I could have a second requirement, the Government should task Diabetes UK with also achieving these goals. When a company asks for help / advise to understand the pathway to take a product through all the licencing / regulatory requirements they shouldn't walk away disappointed that there was no time and no interest to investigate whether or not the proposal works let alone provide the support to develop something which could make finger pain redundant.

HI Thanks for replying to this. Ive had a reply from my MP about her writing to the dept of health. I will try to share iit at a later date
Share your Diabetes care needs with your MP. There is another Conference coming up in Westminster which Diabetes UK are hosting . An invite for your MP should come your way. In addition I wrote to my MP a brief email summarising the problems Id had. caroline Ansell replied that she'd been impressed with the conference and was passing on my queries.. The difficulties of Diabetes care seem to me to have struck home with her
GIVE IT A GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back