What would you count as out of control blood sugers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
So at a visit to a and e today a doctor told me to come in if my blood sugers got out of control what would you count as out of control. I did need to add s correction with diner and last time I checked a about an hour agoof about 11.2 which yeah are quite high but wouldn't call out of control yet but just wondering at which numbers should I start seeing as out of control.

Hiya @rayray119 - at the moment, my correction factor is 4 and my target BG is 7, so I have a correction dose if I’m over 11. Your question has made me realise that I don’t like to think in terms of being “out of control” o_O - I’m a reformed control freak, so I’m more comfortable saying to myself “oh no, my BG is high”.🙂

Yes it was just she said "if you blood sugers get out controll come back in" just thinking when at what number should I do what she said. Just checked for keystones as well(because six day rules and all that) 0.4 which is still known to be safe but when weather I check usally because of illnes or an expected highs I'm usally around 0.1 0r 2

My correction with tea didn't seem to work verry well as well as I was still 11.1 when I just checked. Hopefully that extra unit will sort it out.

Yes it was just she said "if you blood sugers get out controll come back in" just thinking when at what number should I do what she said. Just checked for keystones as well(because six day rules and all that) 0.4 which is still known to be safe but when weather I check usally because of illnes or an expected highs I'm usally around 0.1 0r 2
I guess you could ring your endo or DSN (the ‘she’ that you mentioned) and ask her what she means. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

I guess you could ring your endo or DSN (the ‘she’ that you mentioned) and ask her what she means. Sorry I can’t be of more help.
This wasn't them this was a doctor in and a and e department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back