What would everyone’s ideal pump band include for when you play sport-needed for a school project!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al1

Hi I am doing my gcse in design technology and am designing an ideal pump band for playing sport. I have to collect data on others needs and wants! Any help would be greatly appreciated🙂

Would you need to consider the type of sport played as well as the design? I would suspect the sport would dictate where the pump was positioned.
You can actually take your pump off for an hour whilst playing sport as well.

You could consider halter designs, armbands etc,.

Really good luck Al1. My Medtronic just goes in my pocket. I have an active job & am up & down ladders, steps, scaffold all day. My sports inc Wind-surfing. ? Used to play Rugby for the School.

Agree with Sue as I think a lot depends on the sport. I mainly do cycling and currently use a lycra pouch belt which works well - sits close to the skin with a smooth stretchy material - very aero! :D The material has stretched a bit now and made it looser but when cycling the lycra bibshorts and jersey help to hold it in place and there's not much upper body movement but for running it needs to be more secure to stop the band moving around (possibly a harness type holder? - similar to the heart rate monitors that pro cyclists wear?). I don't really do any team (contact) sports anymore but I would imagine for rugby, football etc protection of the pump would be paramount as you wouldn't want it getting pulled off or whacked by a ball so I'm guessing a harder case to hold it in would be better.

Good luck with the project. 🙂

I agree that it would vary for different sports. I used to do circuit training and found that my usual technique of clipping my pump onto my waistband didn’t work for skipping and I used to end up taking it off. A band would need to be close fitting enough so the pump doesn’t move on the body but not too tight as to be uncomfortable. The pump would have to be held in place firmly on the band so it didn’t slip sideways. If the pump went into a compartment it would need to be easy to fit the pump in and remove it with tired fingers.
The band itself would also need to be adjustable so that it still fits on skinny days and fat days.
Good luck with your project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back