What was your Hba1c when you conceived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had another appt at pre-conception yesterday and I can't get my levels any lower. They've been between 8.2 - 8.7 for three years now. The doctor said it was ok if we tried now, but I'm so worried it's going to affect the baby...

I think I'd believe the doctor, if I were considering getting pregnant.

Gosh! I don't know - but probably about 6.7 - that seems to be my average - and have maintained that throughout pregnancy to date ? until last one which was 7.1. I was most unhappy - but I did know it was going to be slightly higher as I had to chase levels going into third trimester.
If doc is happy - go forth and conceive - and have fun!! 😉

I've Been trying for baby for last 12 months

My HbA1c is currently 5.7. It is tested every month as I attend a pre conception client each month.

My GP did say to me thou, when you are ready to try just do it. (I was told to stop when I was diagnosed in April last year).

I'm having a ultrasound on Monday to check my tubes and if all is well, they are going to start me on a drug to boost ovulation.

It really makes me sad that I still do not have any children yet, but hey ho life goes on, and the fact I'm getting married in September has taken the pressure of tying to conceive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back