What to expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all I go to the diabetes clinic at the hospital for first time next week,I would like to try and be prepared for whats going to happen.
Any thing that can help will be appretiated,now onto my next question,i have been doing a lot of thinking about the last nine years and im sure i was diagnosed with impared glucose intolerance possibly wrote it back to front but sure you will know what i mean, anyway it was a little while later type 2 turned up on my records me being me did'nt think anything of this so surely i should of at least had another test to see what i was but apart from hba1c and routine ones ive had nothing should i mention all this to the doctor i see.
thanks carole.

Giving this a push up incase someone else can help. I gte my non checks done with my GP

When I go to the hospital this is what happens, start off by going into the HCA's who take blood pressure weight height and give them a urine sample.
Then go into the Dr who will talk about how I am doing and review my blood results, usually my DSN is in the appointment too which I really like, decide on any chnages and they make any suggestions. They usually examine my feet aswell as I have problems with neuropathy.

If it's you first time I expect that they will take a full history, want to know about what medications you are taking and have in the past. Any problems you are having, any complications, I should imagine they will look at your feet.
Talk about nay education courses you could go on, or people to be referred onto e.g. dietician.
If you can get your bloods done this week then that will be a big advantage to you, much better to have the result when you go to the consultation. Unless they have a very quick system when you get your bloods done when you arrive and they process them by the time of your appointment.

Take a list of any questions you want to ask. Also be prepared to wait, these thngs tend to run behind. Although I was lucky my last one I went in early 🙂

Hope it goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back