What sweeteners do people use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WHT

I've just started [as of 2 days ago] using Stevia sweeteners. ingredients: Lactose(milk), sweetener(29%) (steviol glycosides), anti-caking agent (crosslinked sodium carboxymethyl cellulose), Cornstarch, L-leucine.

Anyone else on these type sweeteners? I only use 1 in tea as was in process of giving up sugar on my own terms...however, it made me stop drinking normal tea with 1 sugar. Stopped taking sugar completely in tea. With sweeteners, it just takes the edge off and I'm back to drinking my usual cuppa. (As this counts towards my intake of liquid as slightly dehydrated without tea intake).

I don’t use any sweeteners in tea or coffee. I just did it cold turkey years ago - before I was diabetic, in fact. Now, if I taste any hot drink that has sugar or sweetening in, it tastes revolting. And that happened quite quickly. I don’t put milk in tea, either. It gives you a new appreciation of tea.

I've just started [as of 2 days ago] using Stevia sweeteners. ingredients: Lactose(milk), sweetener(29%) (steviol glycosides), anti-caking agent (crosslinked sodium carboxymethyl cellulose), Cornstarch, L-leucine.

Anyone else on these type sweeteners? I only use 1 in tea as was in process of giving up sugar on my own terms...however, it made me stop drinking normal tea with 1 sugar. Stopped taking sugar completely in tea. With sweeteners, it just takes the edge off and I'm back to drinking my usual cuppa. (As this counts towards my intake of liquid as slightly dehydrated without tea intake).
I gave up sugar in tea many years before I was diagnosed, however I can sympathise with you as I am the same as you but with coffee! It's a different drink for me without some sweetness, and one I don't really like. I use one Sweetex per mug 🙂

I don’t use any sweeteners in tea or coffee. I just did it cold turkey years ago - before I was diabetic, in fact.
I`m with Mike on this don`t prat around just do it.

I use Silverspoon granulated sweetener in my coffee, they also do tablets . It’s not suitable to use in cooking.

I also gave up sugar and milk in my tea years before diagnosis and like @mikeyB a single grain on the rim of my mug tastes fouls. I used to take 4 teaspoons of sugar in my tea ( hangs head in shame!) I cut it down gradually until I got to a half and then just went for it. If and it’s a BIG if, I decide to have porridge, spikes me terribly so don’t have it very often, I use Candarel or Aldi’s equivalent, I also use that on raspberries or strawberries but not always as sometimes the fruit is sweet enough. It’s amazing how your palette changes in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back