What should my targets be T1D

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiffcam13

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi. Like everyone else am trying to keep BG levels in range but wonder what a realistic target should be. DSN said time in target (tit yeah I know ) over 70%. Any thoughts ? Am fortunate enough to have Libre so can monitor. Thanks, hope you’ve all had a good weekend.

I think your nurse is probably referring to the International Consensus on Time in Range (a better abbreviation than ‘target‘ :D ) which is based on 4-10, with less than 4% or the remaining readings below 4.0

There’s a thread about it here:

International consensus recommendations for Time in Range for those using sensors.

Thank you - that is so helpful !

Thanks @Bruce Stephens . Will check Libreview on laptop. Thanks for replying.

Thanks @Bruce Stephens . Will check Libreview on laptop. Thanks for replying.
Actually the page I was thinking of is now the second page (AGP Report). And they seem to have removed some of the suggested targets.

The TIR ones are there, but while it still tells me that my Glucose Variability is 31.9% over 90 days (the percent coefficient of variation) it no longer gives any indication of whether that's OK or not. (The paper linked above says ≤36% is good so I'm OK on that measure. I'm pretty sure the Libreview report used to mention that. Maybe they're just trying to simplify it a bit (it was quite busy before).)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back