What should my numbers be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucysLostSister

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
fairly recently diagnosed and been burying my head in the sand. GP/nhs have given me info and connections to resources that I couldn’t cope with at the time and I don’t know how to access them I may call tomorrow and ask.

I have a meter, I’m type 2 but with a complicated history meaning while I did make a significant difference with dietary changes and I’ve lost almost a stone since dx early feb, blood tests and bg results showed I couldn’t totally control it that way.

Gp said I needed to get numbers under 10 (they were in late teens/early twenties even on a very low carb diet) but I think that was just a starting point.

I’m now on gliclazide and finally getting numbers under 10. But not all the time.

What numbers should I be aiming for? Does my height/weight/age affect this? If so I can give that info.

Think I am finally at a point I’m not feeling so overwhelmed and ready to tackle this properly.

Thanks in advance.

Here are the targets @LucysLostSister If you’re very recently diagnosed and have just started the Gliclazide you might be a little higher than these to start with:

If you have type 2 diabetes

• before meals: 4 to 7mmol/l
  • two hours after meals: less than 8.5mmol/l

@LucysLostSister - have you been warned that you may have hypos on Gliclazide? That may be why you were told to aim for under 10 rather than for the tighter numbers @Inka quotes, which are the standard targets for type 2s.

It's worth getting some hypo treatments and keeping them to hand wherever you go before you start seeing the lower numbers, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back