What should i have

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathy s

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
1st birthday with diabetes and its a biggie! My family are coming fir a takeaway tonight. I don't like Indian food so we opted for Chinese. I'm going to have cauliflower rice with mine but wgat main dishes are the best to opt for? Bit worried about the carbs!

I usually have 'meat + veg' dish and some Egg Fu Yung. (Chicken and beansprouts, pork and cashew nuts, etc.)
The sauces may have some sugar in them, but it does not cause me any problems.

Steer clear of sweet and sour, obviously! And probably wise to limit ‘crispy’ anything?

I tend to like black bean sauce. There’s often a bit of cornflour in it, but our local establishments don’t sweeten it.

You’ll have hugely reduced the carb load with the cauli rice.

Enjoy your birthday meal!

Steer clear of sweet and sour, obviously! And probably wise to limit ‘crispy’ anything?

I tend to like black bean sauce. There’s often a bit of cornflour in it, but our local establishments don’t sweeten it.

You’ll have hugely reduced the carb load with the cauli rice.

Enjoy your birthd
thank you. I had chicken with mushrooms but mainly the mushrooms and sauce to cover the cauli rice. I wasnt that hungry as we'd has a brunch ( sausage, bacon, egg) quite late. Despite the quantity of prosseco shared with niece my bloods stayed under 7.5! Dont know if they went up after bed but just checked at 5:30 am as im up with the dog and my blood is 5.8!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back