What Obamacare Feels Like to a Diabetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Others have written much about what the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, means for diabetics. I will leave the analysis to the people who have done the research. I just want to tell you what Obamacare feels like to a diabetic.

http://asweetlife.org/karmel/blogs/...ike-to-a-diabetic/34121/#sthash.lVpCk5Hf.dpuf

Why oh why are so many Americans rabidly opposed to this when the benefits are huge? It's beyond me! There are 25m diabetics in the States, they should be for it one and all, yet I have some US Facebook friends who are vehemently opposed! :confused: 🙄

Well that's just IT isn't it?

The NHS is stuck with us whether we have diabetes, dermatitis or are deranged. And so is Obamacare.

I've only been to the States once and I have to say, I have never met such small minded people. I commented to an American couple we were chatting to one day - he worked for Pilkington and went all over the world, she was able to go with him mostly, if she wanted to - that Floridians didn't seem to be at all interested if it happened somewhere other than the US. Why?

They both immediately said I was entirely wrong about that.

They assured me that actually, if it happened outside Orange County, then it didn't happen!

:confused:

Some of my American friends who live in the UK are downright ashamed of the attitudes in their homeland. Canadian friends nod, smile and say 'them's the wacky neighbours'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back