What now

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Took 13 units novorapid at 5.30 bg was 13.4 its now 21.3 havent a clue as what to do,just start getting my head round it all and then i lose cant think straight,i give up:confused:

So tricky sometimes Carole! What did you have to eat? Always remember to look at the rise rather than the overall number, but even then this is a high rise in levels. Diabetes can be extremely confusing at times so don't think you are doing things wrong! Do you have any explanation for the high reading at 5:30?

So tricky sometimes Carole! What did you have to eat? Always remember to look at the rise rather than the overall number, but even then this is a high rise in levels. Diabetes can be extremely confusing at times so don't think you are doing things wrong! Do you have any explanation for the high reading at 5:30?

Hi Northerner i cant think why they shold realy have been that high lunch i had a couple of oat cakes with a little cheese the i was 8.1 bt tonight i know the cause of my 21.3 i had sausage and chips just a half dozen chips, im not realy keen on chips so very rarely touch them,its just that im so confused ,shauld i take correction or not, i realy dont know.

Hi Northerner i cant think why they shold realy have been that high lunch i had a couple of oat cakes with a little cheese the i was 8.1 bt tonight i know the cause of my 21.3 i had sausage and chips just a half dozen chips, im not realy keen on chips so very rarely touch them,its just that im so confused ,shauld i take correction or not, i realy dont know.

If I was at 21 despite eating few carbs then I would take a cautious correction. The problem with taking corrections at this time of night is that you will probably be asleep before the insulin is exhausted so you might drop low. A basic measure is that one unit of fast acting will drop you by 3 mmol/l. You really need to talk to your DSN about this as these levels are so unusual for you. If you do decide to correct then it's probably worth setting your alarm for 3 am and testing then.

Thanks Northerner as usual you have been a great help,i dont normaly go to bed until 2 or 3 in the morning anyway but for tonight i will leave as is,on tuesday i have appoi with the consultant and dietition so think i will have a nice long chat with them about it all.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back