what now

Status
Not open for further replies.

g1zm0

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi , I was diagnosed with type 2 on wed (8/8) and was given blood pressure tablets and frolic tablets, .
I never got any diabetic medication, was told to make appointments again in 4 weeks to get my BP redone and that she would make referrals for eyes and feet test that would probably take a while.

is this normal to walk out without medication or to see a diabetes team??

yes and yes.

It depends on what your hba1c came back as. Just over the line into diagnosis they often see if changed to diet and some more exercise can do the trick vs defaulting to medication.

Do you know your A1c numbers?

It also seems to vary from surgery to surgery to what point they jump in with meds.

all I can remember from there screen was either 5.8 or 8.5 , I could not really see it from my angle and she never said, she just said congratulations you have now joined the diabetic type 2 club , I asked if I was pre and she said no.

the other half said I was wrong and in 8.5 or something , it all happend as a blur in my 4 minute appointment

unfortunately a lot of peoples experiences are similar where its a "oh you are diabetic now off you go".

I never saw a diabetic nurse and luckily I was seeing the regular practice nurse for other issues so she helped me stay on top of the medical side of things (kinda) and the wonderful peeps on the forum helped out with the more practical day to day stuff.

Were you actually given any advice re diet and activity?

(also my foliate is rubbish and folic acid tablets can make a huge difference if you feel tired and run down x)

all I can remember from there screen was either 5.8 or 8.5 , I could not really see it from my angle and she never said, she just said congratulations you have now joined the diabetic type 2 club , I asked if I was pre and she said no.

the other half said I was wrong and in 8.5 or something , it all happend as a blur in my 4 minute appointment
5.8 isn’t diabetic, using the old percentage measurement.

unfortunately a lot of peoples experiences are similar where its a "oh you are diabetic now off you go".

I never saw a diabetic nurse and luckily I was seeing the regular practice nurse for other issues so she helped me stay on top of the medical side of things (kinda) and the wonderful peeps on the forum helped out with the more practical day to day stuff.

Were you actually given any advice re diet and activity?

(also my foliate is rubbish and folic acid tablets can make a huge difference if you feel tired and run down x)
I haven't had any talks or anything, so this is why I've joined this community .

I need to get a bg measurer, I would get a cgm if I could afford one , dont think nhs will give me one , they won't put me on to weight management or give we saxenda or ozempic

all I can remember from there screen was either 5.8 or 8.5
When I go for medical appointments I bring a notebook and my phone. For X-rays or scans I ask if I can take a photo if I'm not getting a print. There's usually no problem. You can then analyse and discuss it at home and you have all the facts.

Phone the surgery and ask for the measurements - particularly the HbA1c result.

hi , I was diagnosed with type 2 on wed (8/8) and was given blood pressure tablets and frolic tablets, .
I never got any diabetic medication, was told to make appointments again in 4 weeks to get my BP redone and that she would make referrals for eyes and feet test that would probably take a while.

is this normal to walk out without medication or to see a diabetes team??
Sounds normal, you should see them in a year for a blood test though

When I go for medical appointments I bring a notebook and my phone. For X-rays or scans I ask if I can take a photo if I'm not getting a print. There's usually no problem. You can then analyse and discuss it at home and you have all the facts.

Phone the surgery and ask for the measurements - particularly the HbA1c result.
I will give them a call on Monday and ask ,hopefully the receptionist will tell me or not because of data protector

yeah , I want to manage it now and have no info on if its pancreas or resistance related

T2 diabetes is generally a combination of insulin resistance and beta cell dysfunction. It occurs when the beta cells can no longer produce the insulin to overcome resistance.

yeah , I want to manage it now and have no info on if its pancreas or resistance related
Type 2 is insulin resistance usually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back