What medicine is safe for cattarh ?

Jane16

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone not sure that this is in the right place but was wondering if anyone had any information on what it is ok for us to take for Cattarh, mucus problems, I think the normal medicine I used to take has sugars in ? Are sorbitol or glycerol ok for us?

Thanks in advance

Jane x

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Depends how much of it you intend to take in a day - eg one 5ml dose in a morning containing sorbitol wouldn't cause too much prob, but sorbitol has a laxative effect unfortunately - at least wind if not full diarrhea. Dunno about glycerol.

Jane16

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Depends how much of it you intend to take in a day - eg one 5ml dose in a morning containing sorbitol wouldn't cause too much prob, but sorbitol has a laxative effect unfortunately - at least wind if not full diarrhea. Dunno about glycerol.
Thank you x

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
How about steam and eucalyptus inhaling rather than a medicine?

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i have diabetes and have used covonia with no problems. if you are on medications best checking with your local chemists to make sure there are no interactions.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Proper qualified pharmacists in your local chemists (some GPs have a tame one too) are well worth asking for these kind of questions. :)

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
If you do seek a pharmacists advice please do make them double or even triple check, ours told my partner he was fine to take a cough medicine and he ended up quite unwell and when we read the leaflet found he shouldn't have been taking it but we hadn't thought to check because the pharmacist had assured him it was fine xx