What is your favourite low sugar meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkman_Bob

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have got a few lined up but need some more ideas of nice, tasty, low sugar (and ideally fat) meals!🙂

Hi Bob, do you mean as a main course, or as a dessert? The thing to remember is not so much sugar, but carbohydrates - what ever carbs you eat will convert to glucose and raise your blood sugar levels. Ideally, you want meals that will convert to glucose slowly and steadily - generally, these will be foods wth a low glycaemic index (low GI), like wholegrain bread, wholewheat pasta, basmati or brown rice etc. If the meal contains pulses (lentils, kidney beans, butter beans etc.) this will also slow the conversion to glucose and keep levels more even. For this reason, I think Chilli con Carne with basmati rice is a good main meal. Check out the recipes section here, or get a book about glycaemic index or glycaemic load (GL) from the library for some ideas.🙂

definently agree with north the chilli is a real fave in this house, also a nice chicken stir fry is always good , i think the rice can sometimes be an issue but i good basmati does the trcik for me tilda in the blue box is very good

Ive been at the couscous recently especially with chilli ! yum getting hungrey now...discovered roast pumkin instead of extra roast potatoes ..very good!
main thing is watch out for prepared food with all there hidden 'extras'

Moroccan Lamb with lemon couscous and roasted veg. Venison casserole with sweet potato mash. Almost any kind of roast. I'm getting the munchies now.

Moroccan Lamb with lemon couscous and roasted veg. Venison casserole with sweet potato mash. Almost any kind of roast. I'm getting the munchies now.

VENSION CASSEROLE ....wow you in right country now for that...we can get it but VERY pricy!!....used to love the vension sausages we used to get in Wick...kids still talk about them today.🙂

VENSION CASSEROLE ....wow you in right country now for that...we can get it but VERY pricy!!....used to love the vension sausages we used to get in Wick...kids still talk about them today.🙂

It's cheap if you happen to have a poacher in the family.:D

It's cheap if you happen to have a poacher in the family.:D

heheheee do you like rabbit?? we went through a stage when kids were young of only eating 'game' as it had to be free range....Guinea fowl, pigeon,and quail at christmas...😱

heheheee do you like rabbit?? we went through a stage when kids were young of only eating 'game' as it had to be free range....Guinea fowl, pigeon,and quail at christmas...😱

Round here, eating rabbits is called payback. The little b******ds are wrecking the countryside.

Round here, eating rabbits is called payback. The little b******ds are wrecking the countryside.

Road Kill and you cant help it they just jump straight out in front of you!

Chilli con Carne with basmati rice or vegetable stew with crust wholemeal bread, mmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back