what is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,

What is going on with the forum? There seem to be lots of negative remarks being made to people - new members and old - is there something in the air?

I am sat here worrying about my 11 year old son stuck at school on 18mmols and awaiting advice - i really dont want to have to fight my way through silly arguments when i feel so worried. This forum is supposed to be a place of help and support - it is not a place to make personal remarks about other people (or it shouldnt be) - may i suggest people count to ten before making derogatory remarks about other members on this forum.

We are all here for one reason - DIABETES - we are not here to upset or worry other people.

I have found the help and suport off the members on this forum extremely helpful and dont know what i would do without it. If this forum were to become a place were people felt alienated then it is time to leave it. There are plenty of forums were people enjoy winding each other up and being deliberatley hurtful - please dont let this become one of them.

Bev

I quite agree Bev. I often think it is better to go away and think about it before responding to some posts.

I have found most people friendly and helpful, and we are here for one reasons, diabetes, our own or someone elses.

While I don't expect to be best friends with everyone, I expect to treat everyone with respect and like to think others will treat me in the same way.

I've said before and others have said it, this can sometimes be a difficult form of communication, without body language and tone of voice, sometimes meaning and intent are lost. This can then lead to misunderstandings.

I hope everyone with differences are able to resolve them and we can at least be polite to each other.

Sorry to hear that Bev.

Firstly I hope A is OK and he gets sorted out with whatever he needs.

I've been to busy moving out of my old flat to notice what you have noticed what's going on on the forum. I hope it's just a phase.

well said Bev this place is not for rowing and arguing if anyone has any issues they should take them into PM'S

I know us diabetics can have our moments but like you all have said not here please.

Hi Bev,
Hope alex's blood sugar comes down soon.

I think your totally right this site is for help and support from other diabetics and parents of diabetics not to argue and be rude to one another. I love this site and the fact that there is always someone here to help when you need it ( which i often do).

Emma xx

As others have said, I hope Alex is doing better now, Bev? I also hope that what seems to be happening is just a passing thing - the majority seem to be thinking the same, so I'm fairly convinced it won't be permanant.

Agree with you Bev, and also with Caroline's advice. I have just logged on and need to have a think before replying to certain threads, if at all.

I think we have had several incidents and times of some friction in the past year but things have always been quickly resolved and things have settled down.

Hope Alex is feeling better now and manged to get his levels down.

Thankyou all for asking about Alex. I went to school at lunchtime and did a set change - he has come home on 7.9 - so will have to watch and see what happens - it may have been the set needed changing or it could have been one of those lovely diabetes 'blips' that keep us on our toes!😱🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back