What is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmal31

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well after the 22.0 yesterday I've now had 5 hypo's in the last 24 hours :confused: I don't understand what is going on.

I had a 2.9 at about 8pm then a 2.7 before bed so I decided to have two cokes and a biscuit because I didn't want another hypo in the night. Then I woke up at 5 this morning having another hypo of 2.5 :( I feel like death warmed up today. Haven't bothered to even get dressed yet.

The only thing that I did different yesterday was that I didn't have lunch because I didn't have breakfast until late but surely that can't affect my bg's all evening when I've had dinner..?

How much Insulin did you do to correct yourself?

And at what time? Because if you took some before tea and the stuff you'd taken when you were at 22mmol, the stuff you'd taken at 22mmol wouldn't have finished working.

I gave myself 6 units but I should have given myself 5 units but that was 4 hours before dinner

Hmmm- what short acting insulin do you use?

Same as me.

From what I understand, Novorapid takes 2 hours to start working and lasts for 2 hours so you may have double dosed yourself hense the hypos.

I may be wrong though!

Last edited:
Oh goodness Emma - you must be feeling rough. Could you have got your insulins muddled up? I did that once and had awful hypos overnight.

Ahh I knew I was wrong. I found this on a website:

"The type of insulin in this medicine is called insulin aspart. When it is injected under the skin it works rapidly, within 10 to 20 minutes, and its effects last for three to five hours"

I'm presuming you've double dosed yourself. I'll be interested to see if anyone has any other theories

Oh goodness Emma - you must be feeling rough. Could you have got your insulins muddled up? I did that once and had awful hypos overnight.

I do :( and when you've got to look after a baby as well as yourself it can be tiring. Wouldn't it be nice if our OH could have a day off when we've had episodes like this.

I'm presuming you've double dosed yourself. I'll be interested to see if anyone has any other theories

I gave myself less insulin for dinner because of the correction earlier so I don't think it was because of that :confused:

Hey Emma, I often have days like this. I'm on Novorapid and Levimir, I don't have the answer - but wanted to reassure you it happens to me too. Perhaps you are coming down with something, or maybe hormones. I'm having a rubbish week, highs when I wake up in the mornings, then if I'm not hypo an hour after breakfast, i am hypo 2 hours after lunch. My usual amount of Lucozade hasn't been doing the trick either! Who knows why these things happen! Hope you feel better soon x

i have a theory.... could be wrong though , what are ure injection sites like? after 20 yrs of injecting i have bumpy sites and absorbtion is different depending where i do my insulin , mabey u injected in a good absorbtion place? i know if i use my legs now my novo rapid takes ages to absorb and strt working but in my arms i get a good result , or u double dosed 😛 hope your feeling better though ...it could just be the time years for hyps lol ive had 4 in the last 2 days and its wiped me out x

Hi Emma - how are things going today?

Better thanks rachel. My bg's are now behaving themselves although I did have another bad hypo last night but again I'm not quite sure why. I'm so tired though the last couple of days worth of hypo's have really taken it out of me :(

I've always rotated my injection site's to make sure I don't get lumps.

feeling ure pain Emma....big hugssssss x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back