What is a typical day's menu for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina1962

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm interested to know what a typical day's eating habits are for you lovely people (i'm just a curious type of person) 🙂

Mine is as follows:-

Breakfast
Usually 1 or 2 slices of either Burgen bread toasted or homemade bread with (and it varies from day to day) either some pate or cheese or vegge bacon or vegge sausages or eggs (poached or scrambled)

mid-morn
a small piece of fruit like an apple or plums or satsumas

Lunch
Either soup and a couple of oatcakes or sometimes a mixed salad with chicken or fish

mid-pm
some nuts or another piece of fruit

Eve meal
Either spaghetti or pasta bolognaise with wholewheat pasta or chicken or fish with vegetables (i don't very often have starchy carbs, it's usually mainly the veg with the meat or fish)

Before Bedtime
cup of tea with 2 squares of dark chocolate (not every day with the chocolate though) or a couple of thin crispbreads with some peanut butter

this is just an example of a typical day for me but evening meals can vary but all in all what are your thoughts? do you think it's an OK menu?

My menu as follows.

breakfast.
Either bacon and eggs or a slice of toast with a smidgen of marmite on

between 11-12

A handful of raisons or a peice of fruit

Lunch

Either a ham,tuna,turkey,egg sarny.

evening meal
Varies every night so it would be a huge list for me to say lol.

before bed

2 dry crackers or a slice of edam.

drinks wise-95% of day water on a morning with brekkie i have a glass of milk though.

Id say your menu looks great hun wish i liked oatcakes and nuts cause id love to add them into my menu lol.

Must add to that I do have a bag of crisps once a day and a small bag of dried cherries twice a week.

Last edited:
Typical day

Breakfast
Cereal 30g with skimmed milk bout 120 ml. either branflakes/shredded wheat/wheatbix or shreddies weekend porridge

Mid morning
Apple and water (I drink plenty in between)

Coffee

Lunch
Turkey or ham wth salad on brown seeded bread
Bag of baked snacks
Yoghurt

Mid afternoon
Banana and satsumas (satsumas not every day)

If I need to eat when I get home from wotrk while tea is cooking I will have a wholemeal bagel (generally couple of times a week)

Evening meal
Turkey spagettie with brown pasta or turkey chilli with brown basmatic rice or Jacket potato, chicken / turkey and lots of veg ( i try and do potato and veg 3 times a week and rice / pasta twice)
Fresh Pineapple and fat free greek yoghurt or half a large orange

I don't generally eat before bed, but If I need to I will have wholemeal toast.

Hey Carina and steff yours both look great!!

Typical day

Breakfast
Cereal 30g with skimmed milk bout 120 ml. either branflakes/shredded wheat/wheatbix or shreddies weekend porridge

Mid morning
Apple and water (I drink plenty in between)

Coffee

Lunch
Turkey or ham wth salad on brown seeded bread
Bag of baked snacks
Yoghurt

Mid afternoon
Banana and satsumas (satsumas not every day)

If I need to eat when I get home from wotrk while tea is cooking I will have a wholemeal bagel (generally couple of times a week)

Evening meal
Turkey spagettie with brown pasta or turkey chilli with brown basmatic rice or Jacket potato, chicken / turkey and lots of veg ( i try and do potato and veg 3 times a week and rice / pasta twice)
Fresh Pineapple and fat free greek yoghurt or half a large orange

I don't generally eat before bed, but If I need to I will have wholemeal toast.

Hey Carina and steff yours both look great!!

Used to be a pants menu but since 2010 started i took out the mni choccie treat i had a once a day and used to have porriadge but now dont,replaced it witn mainly eggs(poached) and bacon now

I have such a bad diet compared to you guys 😱

breakfast:
usually 35g oats + milk to about 250gms
some myrtilles ( bilberries/ small blueberries) or apple and strawberry compot
sprinkle of almonds

Lunch
60-70g bread (at the moment I like walnut or mixed cereal and almond ;no Burgen here but lots of nice fairly low gi bread)
large mixed salad with low fat camembert,goats cheese,chicken, ham, turkey or smoked mackerel.
Sometimes buckwheat pancake with various fillings (day before's left over stirfry, or today I had asparagus, mushrooms, egg and a bit of parmesan with green salad
Quite often a kiwi or other fruit in season(ie whats cheap in the market)

Dinner
Potatoes (150-200g), 150g oven chips, rice/pasta/noodles,quinoa etc (40-50g carb worth) or tortillas
Chicken/turkey or
fish ( white usually once, oily twice a week; Fish is much more widely and cheaply available here. I can buy trout that are swimming in a tub at the market!!! )or
5% fat hamburgers once a week and duck breast every couple of weeks.
lots of veg, steamed, stirfried or roasted or another salad.
Strawberries , pineapple or other (usually frozen) berries sometimes with plain 0% fat yoghurt, sometimes low fat squirty cream.
Red wine ( I am in France)
Couple of squares 76% choc with coffee.

I'm interested to know what a typical day's eating habits are for you lovely people (i'm just a curious type of person) 🙂

Mine is as follows:-

Breakfast
Usually 1 or 2 slices of either Burgen bread toasted or homemade bread with (and it varies from day to day) either some pate or cheese or vegge bacon or vegge sausages or eggs (poached or scrambled)

mid-morn
a small piece of fruit like an apple or plums or satsumas

Lunch
Either soup and a couple of oatcakes or sometimes a mixed salad with chicken or fish

mid-pm
some nuts or another piece of fruit

Eve meal
Either spaghetti or pasta bolognaise with wholewheat pasta or chicken or fish with vegetables (i don't very often have starchy carbs, it's usually mainly the veg with the meat or fish)

Before Bedtime
cup of tea with 2 squares of dark chocolate (not every day with the chocolate though) or a couple of thin crispbreads with some peanut butter

this is just an example of a typical day for me but evening meals can vary but all in all what are your thoughts? do you think it's an OK menu?

Carina may i just ask how how yours sugars are after these meals, cos i eat very similar to you and my sugars are nearly always back within normal range 2-3 hours after eating, many times in the low 4s and i start having the shakey syptoms i am having 2 eat up to 6 smallish meals a day which i dont like cos i want 2 eat when i'm hungry not because i am going low and shakey. Andrew

Omgosh, i am not even going to attempt to write my diet compared to these ! U guys are far too healthy 😛

Breakfast: Either toast or nothing

Lunch: Toast with houmous / salad and houmous / soup / baked potato with salad and houmous or beans and fake cheese

Dinner: Something very carby like veggie curry or tortillas or fake-cheese-potato. Usually followed by soya yoghurt and crisps

Supper: Glass of soya milk

I eat fruit throughout the day too!

Anyone else on here Vegan?

thanks for posting, peeps, it's interesting to see what you eat and it all sounds very healthy. Steff2010: where do you get your dried cherries from?

Emma: my 2 hour post-meal readings after my main meals vary between 7.8 - 8.5 (on the odd occasion higher depending how much starchy carb i consume, ie rice other than basmati is not good for me).

thanks for posting, peeps, it's interesting to see what you eat and it all sounds very healthy. Steff2010: where do you get your dried cherries from?

Emma: my 2 hour post-meal readings after my main meals vary between 7.8 - 8.5 (on the odd occasion higher depending how much starchy carb i consume, ie rice other than basmati is not good for me).

Hi Carina I do it myself i leave them for 18-26 hours there cut in half and left until there dry and leathery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back