What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moddey

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
http://www.mendor.com/Discreet.aspx

Could this work?
There's an awful lot of hype about the thing in Finland, not sure if it'll take off.
Looks a tad clunky, but the lack of a separate lancet pen is a definite bonus.

Could really use this, especially after the Accu-Chek Mobile experience (might have just been a dodgy meter we had, not sure...)

Let me know if anyone gets a chance to try it out. I think they did some sort of survey in the UK in the spring, but not sure if it was just questionnaire or if they were actully handing the things out to people.

I used to have an accu check compact (I think it was - with a drum) which I used while climbing. It helped to have the strips pre-loaded but I never found the separate lancet a problem.

I now use a normal Optium xceed and it doesn't bother me testing in public.

I can see this would be an advantage for anyone who has issues with public testing but otherwise, I agree, it is a bit clunky and not really any better than alternatives.

Rob

I would like to see it in action.

It looks a bit big and the plastic seems easy to break.

Other than that, the design is v.good

I agree with the design side of things that it looks good. It kind of looks like a mobile/MP3 etc etc although a lot chunkier.

I too second MIsmails comment of seeing it in action but as others have said, i don't have a problem testing in public.

Bernie xx 🙂

Great to see another new idea out there, but like Bernie, I dont necessarilly see the need as such. However, I can imagine a teen or school kid liking the MP3 look to this and the discreetness say for example, in a classroom where they dont want others to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back