What do you do with your pump at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp00kysk311y

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Some of my pyjamas don’t have pockets, so I have to use the clip to put it on my waistband, which ends up digging into my side which is a very uncomfortably sleep.
I have a Tandem Tslim x2. I know I can take it off but the folder I was given said I couldn’t take it off for more than 4 hours. Which sometimes I do sleep for more than 4 hours, depending on the type of night I’ve had.

I usually get about 4hrs sleep, but sometimes I have at least 6-7 hours, some dancing in 9hrs. Which I can’t do if the limit is 4 hours.

Is there anything I can do?

You wear your pump 24/7 @sp00kysk311y You only take it off for showers, etc. At night, I wear mine in a Hid-in belt. It’s soft and simple to use. In fact I like it so much, I usually wear it during the day too! (Note - I don’t need to take my pump out as I can control it from my phone).

When I had tubed pump, like @Inka , I would eat a HidIn pump belt at night.
I don't feel comfortable with something around my waist at night so would wrap the belt twice around my upper thigh and tuck my pump in..
This stopped it moving around the bed and usually waking me as I turned over in my sleep finding the pump under my bony hip.
I never took it off because i need basal insulin throughout the night. That sounds like a very dangerous thing to do, even for 4 hours. And our bodies need more than 4 hours sleep (unless you are Margaret Thatcher if I remember correctly).

I also have a Tandem t:slim.

I don't have pockets in my pjs and I'm a side sleeper, so my pump in a pocket would be uncomfortable.

I have my pump in a silicone case so there's no clip.

During the day I keep it in my pocket or tucked into my waistband.

At night I put it in a Spi Belt (similar to the Hid-In belt mentioned above, I think). I found a good position for the clip in the back and keep the belt loose so I can swing the belt around if I find I'm sleeping on the pump.

Some people say they let their pump float freely in the bed or tuck it under their pillow when they sleep. I turn over a lot at night, so that wouldn't work for me but the Spi Belt works perfectly.

I only take my pump off when showering and when changing the reservoir. The pump is doing a lot of work at night, especially if you have Control IQ turned on and sleep mode activated. Taking off the pump means you're getting zero basal for that period.

Tandem T-slim i only take off to change the reservoir and whilst having a shower. At night i do nothing with the pump, no pocket, no clip, no belt. In 9 years of using a pump i have never pulled out the infusion needle through tossing and turning in bed.

Tandem T-slim i only take off to change the reservoir and whilst having a shower. At night i do nothing with the pump, no pocket, no clip, no belt. In 9 years of using a pump i have never pulled out the infusion needle through tossing and turning in bed.
Lucky you. I am a very disturbed sleeper. I move around, so much that I constantly fall out of my bed. I move about constantly. Not just tossing and turning. I change my position in bed about 7 times during the time I sleep, while I am asleep. So my pump has been ripped out lots of times while I have been asleep which is why I do not like it on my waistband. I will either get a hid-in belt or I will just sleep in bottoms that have pockets during the night.

I have the same pump, and like most or all of the people, I only disconnect it for the shower or replacing the cartridge and infusion set. Even though I turn around quite often while sleeping, if I don’t have pockets on my PJs, I just leave the pump next to me. I never had any trouble with it, although it can be uncomfortable if you roll over it whilst the clip case is is use.

You wear your pump 24/7 @sp00kysk311y You only take it off for showers, etc. At night, I wear mine in a Hid-in belt. It’s soft and simple to use. In fact I like it so much, I usually wear it during the day too! (Note - I don’t need to take my pump out as I can control it from my phone).
How do you manage to control it via your phone? The clinic suggested I don’t even enable the Bluetooth setting on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back