What do you carry your Libre sensor around in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
IMG_0705.JPG Hi there, folks. 🙂 When my Libre sensor first arrived I couldn't believe that the cheap-skates at Abbott 🙄 hadn't included a little bag or something, anything, for protecting this precious little item when we're out and about. So, what do you use? Mine's a leopard-print camera case...makes diabetes look sexy!😎

Yes, I was a bit annoyed by that - also that there don't appear to be any protective 'skins' for it. I'd like to take it out on longer runs, but nervous about dropping it or getting it wet, so it would be good to have something like you can get for phones. Currently keep it in one of the plethora of meter cases I have amassed over the past 9 years 🙂

Fits almost perfectly in an optium neo case. It should really come with one

Oops, I'm a bit gung ho with mine, I just slip it into a pocket, either in my bag or my clothes. I put it in my spibelt when I'm riding, haven't dropped it in the mud yet! ( though I did give it to the instructor when we were practising jumping into a lake, didn't think it would survive a ducking)

I normally just throw it in my bag!

I'm a bit like Robin in that when walking the dogs or doing archery it just goes into a pocket. If in my handbag, it gets put in my diabetes bag along with all the other bumf.

I didn't dare take it out of the house at first, for fear of trashing it! 😱 It seemed to act like a bar of soap sometimes, shooting out of my hand.:confused: I had an image in my mind of me shouting "Nooooooooooo!" as it went flying thru the air. LOL😉

Reactions: Ljc
I too keep mine in the optium neo case. There's room for my dextrose energy tabs and a supply of test strips, it is a little bulky but zips up fine. It also has an elasticated bit on the spine which you may be able to attach to a belt etc

I keep it in my pocket with my pump

Yes, I was a bit annoyed by that - also that there don't appear to be any protective 'skins' for it. I'd like to take it out on longer runs, but nervous about dropping it or getting it wet, so it would be good to have something like you can get for phones. Currently keep it in one of the plethora of meter cases I have amassed over the past 9 years 🙂
i bough a protective skin from https://www.funkypumpers.com/product/libre-silicone-case/ they fit perfectly. Also found them on ebay and amazon for the same price.

Keep mine in my pocket too. I think the cases we get with bg meters are to keep all the other bits in one place - strips, lancets, finger pricker rather than offering any real protection for the meter - although a case does help against scratches etc. Any real damage would come from dropping it and this could happen taking it out of a pocket or removing it from a case. Protective skins as mentioned by CosmicHedgehog may be the best bet.

I put mine in my pocket if I happen to be have one but I read some where about baby socks and I bought a pack of 3 pairs and I slip it into one of them a pin it to what ever I am wearing at the time. My dog gets a bit jealous because I am paying more attention to what I am carrying around and keep looking at!
jusme

When I asked Abbott about a case for the libre they sent me a complete insulinx meter and use the case out of the kit.

IMG_0828.JPG I made a bag (small one with a tie at the top) from an offcut. This gets stuffed in the front of my bra for easy access, or in my bag if higher neckline prevents access. Also made bags and pouches for other bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back