what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
i think i have flu:( , my temp is through the roof i have a banging headache and ache all over and a really nasty chesty cough (the kind that makes u feel like ur drowning) my b.s has been creeping up over the last 24/48 hrs and i only started the pump a couple of weeks ago and am confused as to what i should be doing ... to make matters worse i tryed to phone my pump nurse ( the one from the pump training) and shes got a week off and no one else there know me or knows my situation and that im new to pumping :( at the moment im just correcting with bolus and i know there is a way to put up a tempory basal rate for illness but have no idea how much i should set it at , im sooooo confused and feel so ill and im worried im messing it all up as im supposed to be doing 4 different basal tests this week but i cant do them if im ill , stupid body!! stupid 'D'!!

Hi Bex, sorry you are feeling proper poorly. I've had a rotten cough for far too long and am on my second lot of antibiotics. Might be worth giving the doctor a call and seeing him. AT least then you'll have the reassurance of knowing it's nothing too serious and it will go awy either with a little help or on its own. Failing that and if you can't get hold of anyone else, give NHS Direct a call.

Hi Bex,

What I find useful when I am ill is I put on a temporary basal. I've found that I need about twice my usual basal rate if I am eating but onl about another 75% if I'm not well enough to eat. Keep checking and correcting. Look out for ketones. The rest is standard illness advice.

Tom

Hi Bex, sorry to hear you are feeling so rough.

Hope you get better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back