what do do when ill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Mimoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm a type 2 with ok control; i have got a horrible gastro and can't eat my normal foods: veg and protein. I might need to eat a little bit of white carb to keep me going. Any advice>? I can always eat exante shakes I suppose.
Miserable gastro. Day 3....

I'm a type 2 with ok control; i have got a horrible gastro and can't eat my normal foods: veg and protein. I might need to eat a little bit of white carb to keep me going. Any advice>? I can always eat exante shakes I suppose.
Miserable gastro. Day 3....
Keeping hydrated is important so something like dioralyte rehydration fluids are good to keep your electrolyte balance good.
I would just eat what you can manage, yoghurt, soups, crackers, scrambled egg.

Keeping hydrated is important so something like dioralyte rehydration fluids are good to keep your electrolyte balance good.
I would just eat what you can manage, yoghurt, soups, crackers, scrambled egg.
thanks. I had some soup and a bit of green yoghurt with prebiotics this morning - i was wanting to diet again but not this way!!! that said all my old trousers are falling down thanks to the 11kg lost.

thanks. I had some soup and a bit of green yoghurt with prebiotics this morning - i was wanting to diet again but not this way!!! that said all my old trousers are falling down thanks to the 11kg lost.
I once went to the doctor as I had a bad stomach for several weeks, whenever I ate anything the dreaded D returned, I'm sure it was food poisoning but the doctor just said 'Oh well you could do with losing some weight'. I was not amused. He prescribed something called lomotil, a bit like immodium I think. It did help.

@Leadinglights - well, they do say it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good, don't they! Hardly what you want anyone to say to you when you feel carp though, I empathise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back