what are signs of neuropathy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina1962

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am a Type 2, diagnosed in October this year and due to get my first hbiac results on 5 Jan. I have noticed twice now that when i have a lie-in at the weekends, when i wake up (while i am still in bed) my right foot has felt a little tingly (like very mild pins and needles). Is this the first sign of neuropathy? I hope not. I will of course mention this to my DN and GP on 5 Jan.

Hi Carina, what this may be is that, now you are diagnosed and hopefully starting to get your levels under control, your nerves can become a little more sensitive. It happened to me for a while after I was diagnosed, but I have had my feet thoroughly checked and have no problems. Have you had your feet checked yet? It should be part of your ongoing care to have them checked once or twice a year, and you should check them yourself every day to make sure any injury or infection doesn't go unnoticed.

I do check my feet every day and put foot lotion on them every morning but i haven't as yet had them checked as part of my diabetic review, i go for my HbA1c results on 5 Jan which is my first one since diagnosis. I will keep a check on this, thanks

Worth getting your feet checked out, we should get this done every year. I would say though that neuropathy tends to affect both feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back