What am I doing right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manicmaive

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed last year in June, have just had a yearly check I have lost over a stone and a half in weight, my liver/kidney are both very good, my bloods are perfect, my cholesterol is down, yet I am still on Metformin and Statins. I have not changed my diet as I couldn't bring myself to believe I had diabetes, I don't eat a lot of bread and potatoes, never have, I do eat biscuits, pasta, cakes, crisps, Chinese and Indian food, wraps and pitta bread in fact I eat everything I used to eat before my diagnosis. I refuse to allow myself to be ruled by this diabetes thing, I just hope I don't need to go onto insulin at some point.

It looks as if you are one of the lucky ones, many people wouldn't be able to go near any of those foods and still manage to keep their blood glucose at a normal level.
What have you managed to maintain your HbA1C at.

Sorry but I have no idea what my HbA1C is. there were so many results of my blood test that I cannot work out which is which, the diabetic nurse said my results were excellent, bordering on amazing and to keep on doing whatever I was doing. I had thyroid, cholesterol, LFT, as well as the rest of my diabetes tests, along with kidney test and others which I have no idea what they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back