What about heavy sweating ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffyboyslim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Of course it's been unbelievably hot recently but I am sweating more than ever these days . Like tiredness , could sweating be linked to diabetes? And again what can be done about it ?

Overwhelmed with everything at the moment !

Of course it's been unbelievably hot recently but I am sweating more than ever these days . Like tiredness , could sweating be linked to diabetes? And again what can be done about it ?

There is evidence that diabetes affects the body's ability to regulate temperature especially in hot weather.

I find sweating is dependent on blood sugar levels.
It is a common hypo symptom but I also find I sweat when my levels are high.
I am sure I sound like a stuck record when I say that things are easier, I have more energy, I sweat less, I think clearer, I feel more awake, … when my blood sugar levels are in range.
After nearly 20 years with diabetes, my body has no trouble in regulating its temperature. During the recent really hot days, I was working in the sauna like attic whilst my non-diabetic was struggling downstairs in the coldest room in the house. I was uncomfortable but i think everyone was unless they had air conditioning.

@Taffyboyslim there have been a few things troubling you recently. Once we have a diagnosis for one condition, it is easy to blame everything on it. But my sore shoulder has more to do with the way I sleep, my sore legs are due to doing too many squats and a few weeks back, my sore throat was due to covid. If you have symptoms you are concerned about, I recommend talking to your doctor about them and getting a health check rather than a diabetes test. It is important to be treated as a full person not just the diabetes part.

Last edited:
I find sweating is dependent on blood sugar levels.
It is a common hypo symptom but I also find I sweat when my levels are high.
I am sure I sound like a stuck record when I say that things are easier, I have more energy, I sweat less, I think clearer, I feel more awake, … when my blood sugar levels are in range.
After nearly 20 years with diabetes, my body has no trouble in regulating its temperature. During the recent really hot days, I was working in the sauna like attic whilst my non-diabetic was struggling downstairs in the coldest room in the house. I was uncomfortable but i think everyone was unless they had air conditioning.

@Taffyboyslim there have been a few things troubling you recently. Once we have a diagnosis for one condition, it is easy to blame everything on it. But my sore shoulder has more to do with the way I sleep, my sore legs are due to doing too many squats and a few weeks back, my sore throat was due to covid. If you have symptoms you are concerned about, I recommend talking to your doctor about them and getting a health check rather than a diabetes test. It is important to be treated as a full person not just the diabetes part.
Hi I have suffered with anxiety all my life .....to the extent that I have been in hospital ......and I am a natural born worrier . Nothing I can do about it I am afraid .

Take one day at a time and things will improve.
Yes tiredness could be a sign of diabetes if you have high or low numbers.

Perhaps sit down take a deep breath and relax 🙂 Have you thought about writing down what you eat and the amount of exercise you have and then with the help of the forum make some adjustments to what you are eating. It's amazing what can be substituted/replaced in your meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back