What a life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docsue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
.I’m back! Had loads of symptoms which the later life team are assessing my cognitive impairment and foggy head. I’m waiting for spinal surgery and now to top it all maybe Addison’s disease! What a bloody life more tablets that is buggering my Blood Glucose up my HbA1c is now 54 from 39 in the 3 months. Dr put victoza up to 1.8 now which within the week as lowered my fasting BG 5.9
I’m 72 and had type 2 for about 10 years. 10 days ago I was in a life threatening situation as my cortisone level was below 14 and ready to go into adrenal crisis. I’m now on hydrocortisone 3 times daily just to keep me alive and make me fat!! Moan over but I’ve had a shocking 10 days

Really sorry to hear you are going through a tough time with your health. I believe @Pumper_Sue has Addision's (apologies if I am wrong) Isn't it an autoimmune condition?.... Which then makes you wonder if perhaps you might be a slow onset Type 1 (autoimmune) rather than Type 2 (metabolic).
I hope they are able to find a balance of medication which improves your quality of life.

.I’m back! Had loads of symptoms which the later life team are assessing my cognitive impairment and foggy head. I’m waiting for spinal surgery and now to top it all maybe Addison’s disease! What a bloody life more tablets that is buggering my Blood Glucose up my HbA1c is now 54 from 39 in the 3 months. Dr put victoza up to 1.8 now which within the week as lowered my fasting BG 5.9
I’m 72 and had type 2 for about 10 years. 10 days ago I was in a life threatening situation as my cortisone level was below 14 and ready to go into adrenal crisis. I’m now on hydrocortisone 3 times daily just to keep me alive and make me fat!! Moan over but I’ve had a shocking 10 days
HC wont make you fat as all it is doing is replacing what your body does not produce. So no worries in that dept 🙂
I've had Addison's since 2002 and only time I get fat is when I eat to much or don't have enough exercise.
Once your body starts to recover you will feel a lot better and have more energy, the cog fog will improve as well.

HC wont make you fat as all it is doing is replacing what your body does not produce. So no worries in that dept 🙂
I've had Addison's since 2002 and only time I get fat is when I eat to much or don't have enough exercise.
Once your body starts to recover you will feel a lot better and have more energy, the cog fog will improve as well.

Poor you it is hard to deal with a lot of things when one thing in your body affects another part of the body. Best wishes

Poor you it is hard to deal with a lot of things when one thing in your body affects another part of the body. Best wishes
In all honesty, it doesn't impact on life at all. The little tablets give both you and I the chance of life without them we would be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back