What 1 book for a T2

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
would u recommend 4 someone whos only just begun to do things right carb/cals no good as i have no imput into my provled meals they r doing me s diabetic diet by the way

Last edited:
would u recommend 4 someone whos only just begun to do things right carb/cals no good as i have no imput into my provled meals they r doing me s diabetic diet by the way
Are you saying that somebody else prepares meals for everybody or meals specifically for you. Are they able to follow recipes as The Diabetes Weight loss Cook Book by Caldesi is very good or the recipes in the Freshwell Program https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

Can't you ask whoever's doing your meals to get the 'Carbs/Cals' book or app? They have a responsibility to understand your dietary needs in full. I've worked with many people in supported living arrangements and I'd be complaining to the manager (and Social Worker) if I found out that whoever's supporting someone who's diabetic didn't understand (and cater for) their dietary needs properly.

they are fully aware of my diabeties manager is so is cook who is a t2 herself. will get carbs cals just wondered if rgere was a book dealing with medical/emotion side. thanks for your help it means a lot

they are fully aware of my diabeties manager is so is cook who is a t2 herself. will get carbs cals just wondered if rgere was a book dealing with medical/emotion side. thanks for your help it means a lot
As you aren’t in control of your meals I don’t think a book would help you. I’d suggest reading the learning zone on this website for general information about diabetes if that’s what you’re looking for. I don’t think it’s worth you buying carbs and cals since you can’t change your food.

Okay: as a first step, how about the 'Diabetes and Psychological Care' section of the Diabetes UK website?

Type 2 Diabetes The First Year by Gretchen Becker was a common recommendation on the forum several years ago @gail2

Back