We've been hearing lots about everyone's travel plans recently- has anyone got anything planned for the summer hols?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 35955
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy for 10 days in August. First time back there since 2004 (Honeymoon.)

Nothing planned other than getting away.
Although it's fairly impossible to plan.
Flight disruptions, kind of scuppers the early booking and find an Airbnb, maybe grab a next day package deal instead?
Hoping ferries or the tunnel is less chaotic, and just pack up the motorhome and head out through France or Holland.
Or take the car, and book hotels on the way.
Or Eurostar, and sleeper trains and hotels across Europe.
Or just stay in the UK, but after covid, it seems the boom in motorhomes has made the UK a lot more crowded, and a lot more expensive.
But either way, we'll be off somewhere.

We went away a couple of weeks ago on a river cruise we’d booked and paid for over 2 years ago, that kept getting postponed. I was worried about going, because of the reports of airport disruption, but it went so much better than anticipated that when we got back, I immediately booked a hol walking in the Italian alps, for August. Then the airports immediately got bad again for half term, and I realised we'd be flying out after the school summer hols started, so I’m now anticipating hassle at the airport when we go.

Last edited:
We went away a couple of weeks ago on a river cruise we’d booked and paid for over 2 years ago, that kept getting postponed. I was worried about going, because of the reports of airport disruption, but it went so much better than anticipated that when we got back, I immediately booked a hol walking in the Italian alps, for late July/earlyAugust. Then the airports immediately got bad again for half term, and I realised we'd be flying out just as the school summer hols start, so I’m now anticipating hassle at the airport when we go.

Something has gone badly wrong.
We did Budapest last December, and Malaga in March. Minimal queues, flights on time, nothing like the TV pictures now.

Hoping to get to France, although will have to be on DFDS as I'm boycotting P&O much to my partner's annoyance, as it means we'll definitely have to go Dover-Calais rather than the Hull-Rotterdam route which is only served by P&O. We like the latter route as you get to sleep on the ship and we can set off from home 40 minutes before check in! A longer drive at the other end, mind :rofl:

Wizzair just popped up, flights to Lisbon in October, an Airbnb, and a quick citybreak is on the cards now.

Well, booked the flights, choosing the seat allocation cost more than the cost of the fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back