Wetherspoons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Pumper

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Apologies to anyone who may already know of this but I've just been looking on the Wetherspoons website and I've found that their food section has a page called 'The Nitty Gritty' where you can select the various options that you want from their menu and it gives the full nutritional information for your meal including carbs and cals. It goes much further than most other chain's websites.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/food

I think it's an excellent idea that other large chains would do well to copy.

The only two drawbaks that I can think of are:

1. You would need access to the internet whilst in the pub (but a lot of people can do that on their phones these days) or decide what you wanted to eat before you went.

2. The portion control from the kitchen would need to be reasonably accurate.

Nevertheless I think it's a good facility. If Wetherspoons can do it, why can't all the others.

Mods: I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the Food / carbs queries section. Feel free to move it if you wish.

More people will see it here, so unless someone else moves it, the general message board is brilliant. It is sure t be a gret help as Weatherspoons seem to be all over the place...

For those who use Starbucks they can provide you with full info but you do need to ask.

red pumper - they have it as a leaflet in all their pubs too! i use it all the time whenever we go to a wetherspoons!

It is a true gift from the heavens, however you may need a microscope to read it! Maybe one day more places will do this! What gets me at the moment is subway only show sugar in their food not carbs.

Its a damm shame there food wasint fresh, and not all micromave ding ding

I have reached the "reading glasses" stage of life and find that without a magnifying glass it is totally unreadable! Bit silly of them as most Type IIs are over 40.

It is a true gift from the heavens, however you may need a microscope to read it! Maybe one day more places will do this! What gets me at the moment is subway only show sugar in their food not carbs.

The Subway thing drives me nuts - especially as they *used* to show carbs, and then changed it to only show sugar!

Its a damm shame there food wasint fresh, and not all micromave ding ding

Pmsl, Thats the thing I was trying to resist saying on this post earlier 🙄

But yeah if you need to know the value of your wetherspoons lunch just pop by your local iceland and look at the back of their microwave lasagnes etc... I really hate wetherspoons lol

I've picked up the leaflet in Wetherspoons and thought that it was absolutely superb. I can only assume that all food chains are all being forced down the road where they have to provide such information.

The only problem is that when you check the calories in any one meal there is almost the recommended daily allowance in just that meal in many cases.

It certainly is useful information if you are trying to eat healthily and/or lose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back