Went to Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annimay

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I went to see the doc yesterday: another appointment, another tablet. Now taking citalopram - has anyone had any experience with it? It says in the blurb that it can affect blood sugar.

I've also got a referral to the mental health service for an assessment. That's life eh?

Hi Anita, I have taken citilopram too tho must say that it didn't seem to make any difference to my blood sugar levels, but then again didn't suit me in other ways either! So am now on Venlafaxine, apparently most antidepressants can cause your blood sugars to rise, not fair huh?

I do hp all goes well with mental health assessment, hope they can do something for you! If you want to talk just PM me and I will try to help in whatever way I can, take care shirl x

hi anita, i was on citalopram for years (well...about 2 or 3 years). i didn't notice any effect on my blood sugars, i came off it cold turkey (horrible, horrible experience) and didn't see any difference then either.

I have been on Citalopram for over 3 years, since my Mam died.

Slowly the dosage went up to 60g a day

I saw my GP lst week, and I plan to reduce the dosage by 10g every 8 weeks until I am no long taking it

I saw me through a really tough period.

I would not say it had any impact on my BG readings

hi anita, i was on citalopram for years (well...about 2 or 3 years). i didn't notice any effect on my blood sugars, i came off it cold turkey (horrible, horrible experience) and didn't see any difference then either.

I was like Shiv, on it for about 2 years and also came off it cold turkey (although no bad experiences) but i didn't notice any significant changes to my blood sugar levels....

Bernie xx 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back