Well done Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

helli

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have just been watching the World Cup final between England and Spain and think Spain deserved to win.
What has this got to do with diabetes? The match kept me entertained for more than 2 hours during which time I was never tempted to look at my CGM or think about my BG. A clear sign of a captivating game.
I may avoid my CGM when out and about but when sitting on the sofa with my phone next to me, I usually check my BG, especially after a trip to the gym.

And now? My BG is 5.2. Happy with that given gym, recovery chocolate and edge of the seat match.

A great game, and I also felt Spain deserved the win.

Would have been nice to see one or two of those cracking chances converted, but it could have easily have been 3-2 to Spain.

Spain were outstanding & showed class throughout squad, really impressive to watch, England just couldn't break them down.

Mind some penalty save by Mary Earps, she is some goalkeeper. Really thought England Would win cup today, its about time we won another, can't see Southgate bringing one back so up to lady's next time around.

I noticed they were sore losers and didn't swap shirts as it tradition at the end! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I noticed they were sore losers and didn't swap shirts as it tradition at the end! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m not sure that attempt at humour will be welcomed by everyone here Mikey.

There was a lovely clip of, I think, one of the Aussie players giving her shirt to a youngster in the crowd who was clearly ecstatic.

I was expecting to see the medals being presented at the end. Simply seemed no real 'sense of occasion' about the whole thing, to me.

Am I just ancient expecting there to be that in this day and age? - because exactly the same on the TV coverage of the World Athletics championships, which I've formerly always loved watching.

A great game of football well done the Lionesses unfortunately they were outclassed, not by much, but enough to give Spain a well-deserved win. I'm sure we are going to see more from the Lionesses in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back