Well done Becky on Speaking at Diabetes UK Conference today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallycorker

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well done Becky on speaking at Diabetes UK conference today!! Great stuff!!

For those who don't know already Becky was one of the speakers at today's conference in Darlington telling the world about the advantages of using the internet to learn about diabetes - especially this forum's activities, Twitter, blogs etc.

Believe me - she did a marvellous job! I was very proud to be present to hear her!

Great to hear. Any way we can get a transcript or at least notes, Becky?

Yes - I agree Oskar! Becky was like a breath of fresh air in what was sometimes a quite stuffy event!

The research presentations were the best thing as far as I'm concerned. There is always seems to be too much emphasis on fund-raising for me from Diabetes UK. Personally, I'd like to see much greater activity on the self-help front.

However, another highlight was when someone lost 39 out of 40 pictures that the outgoing chief executive, Douglas Smallwood, seemed to be intending showing everyone present on the overhead projector covering him and his son doing the Coast-to-Coast walk!

Wow! That was a master-stroke by someone pretty smart indeed!

Thanks a bunch to whoever was responsible for losing the pictures!

John

Last edited:
:D I actually wondered afterwards if it was a joke..did he really intend to have us sit through all those slides?!!
If he did then somebody did a great job by pressing the abhort button!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back