Well Done Amazon

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
In my position I often have to use Amazon when I would prefer to support local shops. Sometimes they are frustrating by delivering on a different day than that requested, dropping the package at the main entrance to the flats, etc.

On Friday with all the repeat prescription shenanigans I forgot to ask the person who collected the prescription to pick me up some Mepore dressings (I now have two blisters on my lower leg :( ). I thought I had enough to tide me over but ran out yesterday evening. I decided to look on Amazon and indeed they are available. I could have got them on Prime by 10:00pm tonight but wanted to change the dressings asap. For an extra £1.99 I had them before 10:00am today.

Well done Amazon!

I have to say, for such an enormous company they do seem to genuinely care when things go wrong. A couple of times I’ve had to return things and they couldn’t be more helpful and if you speak to someone they seem genuinely sorry that something has gone wrong. One time I noticed that some items I bought for my dad for Christmas were showing as not delivered yet when I had received them. I messaged them to let them know so that they could update their system. Just being polite really but they acted as if something disastrous had happened and refunded my Amazon Prime fee for that month! Of course they aren’t perfect, nobody is, but they must have thousands or even millions of customers and could so easily have a don’t care attitude like some companies seem to.

Mike good to hear amazon helped you out. Agree £2 is minor when you need something critically.

A recent feature I found is the no return/money back one that is useful in the certain conditions.

So this might only happen in prime but we recently tried to return a document that cost a fiver which wasn't quite what we expected. Now if they said keep the goods and we'll refund you.

I'm sure this great service pays off and for very little outlay?

Back