Weird/funny things you've done when you've been hypo or hyper??

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtrying

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just picking up on something getting mentioned in another thread....

What things have people done (that looking back on now) you can laugh at, whilst hypo or hyper....

I've had some bad hypos in the past and in my 'dream-like' state, I've got up out of bed, walked downstairs, opened the back door (setting the burgular alarm off) and proceeded to open the big chest freezer....and just stare at it!

Came to with my parents wondering what the hell was going on! lol at the time it made perfect sense in my head!

Not done, but I apparently said to paramedics when they came after a call from hubby, 'don't want to play anymore' :( think I was on about Diabetes but who knows, LOL

Does that count?

Not done, but I apparently said to paramedics when they came after a call from hubby, 'don't want to play anymore' :( think I was on about Diabetes but who knows, LOL

Does that count?

lol yep! I think that counts as a funny thing! made me smile 🙂

Do you know, in the 11 years I have been diabetic and all the hypos I have had I have never been really out of it where I couldnt function properly....lucky i suppose...........

The wierdest thing I have experienced is my wee brother (also diabetic), he was in the back of the car talking away and suddenly just started slurring and talking mince, but he thought he was OK.......

Glad I made you smile, the paramedics smiled too, but then said to me 'Ah Bless you' 🙂 how lvly is that?

i was mowing the lawn the other day and started going low but i was really angry about not even being able to do something simple like mow the darn lawn! So i carried on, literally running with the mower as i had no strength, then my adrenaline kicked and i went in the kitchen and pulled the drawer with the glucose tabs in and pulled it so hard it came right off its rails and broke into 3 places on the floor, spilling the contents all over place. I picked up the glucose tabs from the floor, went to the bedroom, stripped off all my clothes (so so hot) and lay on the bed, scrunching glucose tabs.

Then 3 days before my wedding 2 years ago, they were digging up the biggest main road in stafford which was the route to my church, meaning huge traffic jams everywhere and being a community care worker i spent a lot of my time in traffic jams. Anyway i started going hypo at the other side of town and forgot to replace my car glucose tabs so again being stubborn carried on driving to my house (lived with mum and dad at the time) so eventually got home, ran up the stairs in floods of tears (waking mum up in the process) grabbed glucose tabs and started choking on them because i was crying so much! And i was sat on the landing sobbing "WHY WONT THEY OPEN THE BLOOMIN ROAD" anyway someone from the council must've heard me as the re-opened the road that night!

Another time my car glucose tabs were in the glove compartment and my air freshner had spilt all over them! Luckily i was close to home and had to hold the mixture in my mouth until i could spit it in the sink! ha ha

Hypo: Being found standing in the middle of the living room in my cost (just the coat, nothing else) at 3am and insisting I was going to work. I didn't have a job at the time.

Hyper: Nothing really. I stammer and talk nonsense, but that's it generally.

Nothing specific but when I'm hypo I act really, really silly and think everything is hilarious - my eldest daughter really enjoys my hypos!!! I also speak my mind a lot more than usual when hypo, although I'm quite good at that when my BGs are normal too!

Hyper doesn't really affect me other than sometimes making me a bit irritable if high teens upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back