Weight loss and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynneCH

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Afternoon all! Well, 3 months ago my appointment with the Diabetic Nurse left me shattered. Hba1C up to 65, weight same not shifting and stressed. Glucophage increased to 2g daily and encouraged to walk more and try to lose some weight.
I had bloods done after the 3 months, then back to DN on Wednesday.
Hba1C now 55! (better than pre-op in Dec '22), feeling better generally, weight now 79kg - loss of 7kg!
I did start Low Carb, Higher Fat diet with Keto Cycle but that was only a few days before having bloods taken! And I am managing the diet really well.
DN even noticed the weight loss before I insisted on weighing (to help check my home scales are ok).
I have come away with a high like I never imagined, never managed to lose weight before, so continuing on 2g Glucophage daily and the diet, with her blessing. Just need to get bloods repeated in 6 months unless something changes drastically, no need for BG monitoring and enjoy how I'm doing basically.
I love that she's on board with the diet, not saying it's not the best idea, and we will go on with it!
Hope Everyone here is well and doing what they need to for their best!

So pleased you are finding something that works for you and gives you hope of success and that you have a supportive nurse. Best of luck for the next 6 months and hopefully making progress with reducing your HbA1c a little more (or a lot more if you can manage it) as well as making more progress with the weight loss. WELL DONEl!

So pleased you are finding something that works for you and gives you hope of success and that you have a supportive nurse. Best of luck for the next 6 months and hopefully making progress with reducing your HbA1c a little more (or a lot more if you can manage it) as well as making more progress with the weight loss. WELL DONEl!
Thank you for the positive pat on the back Barbara!
Went shopping today, gosh that was difficult being in with the goodies I used to fill my basket with! Oh getting ice cream for hubby was a real temptation, but I stuck to veg and such for me. Worse part was sailing past the fruit, love apples/pairs and such, but not to be.
Will be staying on the stricter side for now as have been on such a high after seeing my DN.
Didn't get my strenuous rapid walk today with the dog, but the race around town in and out of shops then supermarket got me almost to 10k steps. Back to it tomorrow!

Went shopping today, gosh that was difficult being in with the goodies I used to fill my basket with! Oh getting ice cream for hubby was a real temptation, but I stuck to veg and such for me. Worse part was sailing past the fruit, love apples/pairs and such, but not to be.
Will be staying on the stricter side for now as have been on such a high after seeing my DN.
Didn't get my strenuous rapid walk today with the dog, but the race around town in and out of shops then supermarket got me almost to 10k steps. Back to it tomorrow!
You could get strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, melon is not too bad.

I have apples as I think they are really good for you but I restrict portion size, so I have half of one one day with a chunk of nice cheese for lunch and the other half the next day. I also have in season berries, plums, apricots, rhubarb during the spring/summer and frozen berries or sour cherries during the winter with my breakfast yoghurt. I also pick a handful of blackberries from the brambles that grow near my house when I head out for a walk and that has become a real treat.

Great to hear @LynneCH - glad you have found a method that works for you, and which you can stick with.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

Well done .

I have weighed today, exactlly 75kilo! that's -10kg or 1.5 stones!
I am over the moon 🙂

Must keep going........
That is brilliant . Where will you stop at 75 kg is about 11.5 that would suit me fine at my age. i have lots to go to get there.
Well done

That is brilliant . Where will you stop at 75 kg is about 11.5 that would suit me fine at my age. i have lots to go to get there.
Well done
I am only 5foot tall and shrinking as we all do!
I intend to get down to about 60k, but remain on the diet, haven't been lighter than now since my children were young!
Ideally I'd like to be 50-55k, long term and maintenace diet then but the NHS BMI calculator states '
Healthy weight range for your height:
42.7kg - 57.8kg!

I am only 5foot tall and shrinking as we all do!
I intend to get down to about 60k, but remain on the diet, haven't been lighter than now since my children were young!
Ideally I'd like to be 50-55k, long term and maintenace diet then
Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back