Weight Loss (and a bit of exercise)

PB1976

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi everyone - new to the forum (this is my first post)

Have previously run quite regularly but (for various reasons) haven't run much over the last few years so starting off again with Couch to 5k. Re-registered today with Slimming World (as previously lost 3.5 stone with them) as a way of focusing what I'm eating etc.

I have a question for eating on the days I run (currently every other day) to keep energy levels up etc. Have had a look at the protein bars etc but not sure how good they are in terms of sugar etc - has anyone tried things like 'Nicks bars' or does anyone have any tips for snacks to help with weight loss while exercising.

Thanks in advance

@PB1976 I do look at the various nut bars etc to look for lower carbs, I quite like the Kind ones but depends how low carb you are wanting to go (and I have no idea on slimming world syns or however they measure it now). If you want lower carb than the bars, then you can get portion sizes packs of nuts (plain or flavoured) or fava beans and pack them in your gym bag. I also like CheeseOs for snacks, cheese basically made into crisps (texture a little like wotsits but firmer) so practically no carbs. They can be a pricey option, but then so are a lot of nut bars

Back