Weight increased, fat increased but 2 sizes smaller and inches lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Some of you will know that I have lost just over a stone since diagnosis on 1st July, However I attended a wedding (my sons) combined with 5 days in Ireland, I tried hard to eat correctly but will admit to 1 proffiterole, and some (a lot) of alcohol.

It wasnt a suprise to see the scales increase by 2 pounds on my return on Monday, but I have since been back on it and being really good so this morning was dismayed to see I have gained another 4 pounds and 4% of body fat meaning a half a stone gain! Although I am mainly upset about the fat as was desperate to get my fat under control due to cholesterol issues.

I have stuck to 1200 cals or less a day and even at the wedding had no more than 1500 + 400 for maybe alcohol but that shouldn't result in such a large increase, especially as I ate no carbs at all and stuck to protein and salad (apart from the profiterole)

I checked the scales were correct with my daughters and they are. so instead of weighing 12 stone 13 I am 13 stone 9 (I was 14 stone 4 on 1st July but still!)

Anyway, went shopping today with my daughter and tried on a top in size medium (12/14) and it fitted - my other tops are size 20/22! I wondered if this was a fluke and tried on some dresses in River Island and I fitted a size 18 (I never fit them in that shop), In Primark I could wear 14/16. I realise I have lost quite a lot of inches still (possibly dehydration) I am just so confused by it all to be honest. I have another wedding on 6th August to attend and bought a lovely dress that I couldnt zip up last month, now it hangs off me so I have lost weight - maybe my scales hate me!

Some of you will know that I have lost just over a stone since diagnosis on 1st July, However I attended a wedding (my sons) combined with 5 days in Ireland, I tried hard to eat correctly but will admit to 1 proffiterole, and some (a lot) of alcohol.

It wasnt a suprise to see the scales increase by 2 pounds on my return on Monday, but I have since been back on it and being really good so this morning was dismayed to see I have gained another 4 pounds and 4% of body fat meaning a half a stone gain! Although I am mainly upset about the fat as was desperate to get my fat under control due to cholesterol issues.

I have stuck to 1200 cals or less a day and even at the wedding had no more than 1500 + 400 for maybe alcohol but that shouldn't result in such a large increase, especially as I ate no carbs at all and stuck to protein and salad (apart from the profiterole)

I checked the scales were correct with my daughters and they are. so instead of weighing 12 stone 13 I am 13 stone 9 (I was 14 stone 4 on 1st July but still!)

Anyway, went shopping today with my daughter and tried on a top in size medium (12/14) and it fitted - my other tops are size 20/22! I wondered if this was a fluke and tried on some dresses in River Island and I fitted a size 18 (I never fit them in that shop), In Primark I could wear 14/16. I realise I have lost quite a lot of inches still (possibly dehydration) I am just so confused by it all to be honest. I have another wedding on 6th August to attend and bought a lovely dress that I couldnt zip up last month, now it hangs off me so I have lost weight - maybe my scales hate me!
I know you must be disappointed but you have still lost nine pounds in under 4 weeks which is a huge achievement, well done! The additional carbs may have increased your weight but with your continued hard work, diet and exercise you will soon have lost those extra pounds. 🙂
I never take notice of sizing on clothes as in my experience the size you need differs from store to store, more reliable I think is that you have noticed that your own clothes are feeling looser/bigger which gives encouragement that you're heading in the right direction.

It never fails to amaze me that regardless of scales, one day you wake up a different shape! Which has clearly happened to you and proves that what you are doing is working. Well done! 🙂

Personally ignore the dress sizes, use the mirror.
Weight and fat. - ignore that today.
You had a great weekend.
Your body is processing the change in diet.
Alcohol is calories, you are storing them, first reserve in water, so yes, you'll go up.
It'll soon be out though.
Same with the increase in fat, first reserve is a liquid storage.
Also, as you say, you have lost inches.
But you are exercising, and building muscle.
That weighs more than the fat you burn.
Keep going, but remember, it's not just about one thing.
It's about improving your life overall, and enjoying the journey.

Every time the season changes and I bring out clothes I put away 1/2 a year ago, they are too big and need to be remade or replaced - I don't weigh myself - after so many decades of being lectured about my weight and told what to eat I just can't be bothered by a number any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back