Weight gain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glodee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Tonight, nearly 5 years after diagnosis, I'm back up to 50.1kgs! Am soooo happy. Hovering above 40kgs made me so unhappy, I looked terrible and felt so ill. Since starting insulin 7 weeks ago, the regain has been gradual, but obvious. Being so skeletal was awful and that is hard for most to understand. Unless of course, you've lost weight because of illness. Just thought I'd post about how happy I feel (and look) tonight.
Gloria

Thats great news i know alot of emphasis is put on loosing wieght but for those struggling to maintain or increase their it weight it must equally difficult.
good luck onwards and upwards eh 🙂

There can be as many problems being underweight as overweight. For many years hubby was considered underweight and he struggled to put it on. Glad you are feeling so well.

Well done. Bet you feel you have so much more energy. I remember from my skinny days when I could not put on weight that i was always cold.

Enjoy the present feeling and remember it for the future.

Hi peeps - I've struggled with my weight for most of my life, but it's been trying to lose weight.. I can't begin to imagine how frustrating it must be to try and put weight on - especially when your body is determined not to let you. I had a friend at school who struggled with this - I must admit that at the time I might have harboured the occasional jealous thought that she wasn't trying hard enough (as I was struggling with willpower issues) it didn't really occur to me that she seriously wasn't physically capable of doing it.

Thankfully, I'm a bit more savvy now. Can I ask, have you had problems with people assuming you were hiding an eater disorder or similar?

Karina

That's great news Gloria, hope you manage to keep it on and keep smiling! 🙂

That's brilliant gloria! I lost 3 stone before diagnosis so I know how you feel my husband thought I was bulimic because I ate so much and was still so thin.

Currently trying to loose weight now though 🙄 I'm never happy with my weight.

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back