Weighing scales {food}

Status
Not open for further replies.

stpn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All
I am trying to obtain a food weighing scale with pounds and ounzes instead of kg and gramms can anyone suggest where i can get one please.
Cheers
Steve

I have the heston blumental scales, not cheap but v accurate and it goes grams, oz, ml, you name it

Salter make scales that can be used in pounds and ounces or in grams. I’ve had a few of them. They’re fairly cheap but seem very accurate.

Most, if not all digital scales are switchable between metric & imperial measurements. I've had a basic Salter for well over 10 years & that's as accurate as those in the Post Office.

I have the heston blumental scales, not cheap but v accurate and it goes grams, oz, ml, you name it
I use these too, great scales

Salter ones are good, not too expensive and will be selectable for different measuring units.
Check what the max weight is so then you can weigh directly into a bowl.

We have Salter scales which are fine and not too expensive.

I have a basic digital scale from a "Middle of Lidl" offer and it might not be the most accurate, but even that one allows to change between different units.

I have the giant salter ones. You can put a full dinner plate on and see the weight no problem. With smaller standard size scales the plate covers the numbers.

Like these

Attachments

• IMG_7665.png
    IMG_7665.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 4
I have various sets of scales, I know one is a Salter and one is from Lidl - they are all switchable between metric to imperial, all can be tared - not all switch off, but if left long enough they get bored and shut down. They all seem to be accurate and reliable.
Check the range of weights they can cope with if that is important and perhaps the type of battery they use.

Hi All
I am trying to obtain a food weighing scale with pounds and ounzes instead of kg and gramms can anyone suggest where i can get one please.
Cheers
Steve
I have a Silver Crest scale that has nutrition information encoded. If I key in the code for what I'm weighing it brings up the carbs, calories, fat, protein and cholesterol content for that amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back