Weekly injection for diabetes 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
Does anyone here use the weekly injection into the stomach to replace diabetes meds ? If so would you please tell me more about it and how you’re getting on with it. My GP has suggested it to me but I’m unsure. Please help TIA. Cathy xx

Hi everyone
Does anyone here use the weekly injection into the stomach to replace diabetes meds ? If so would you please tell me more about it and how you’re getting on with it. My GP has suggested it to me but I’m unsure. Please help TIA. Cathy xx
I'm on dulaglutide atm and have been since April which is a once weekly injection to stomach or upper thighs.

They come in empipen style single use injection, where you press a button on top and is spring loaded so does it all itself once placed on skin, found this helps me as you don't see needle and is extremely quick.

As far as side effects, had very little personally, upset stomach maybe about time when I was due my next injection for first 4 weeks then seemed to calm down but nothing drastic I'd say.

Found it very hard to lose weight and think that it's helped me a lot managing this as makes me feel fuller even after a small meals but have noticed of late not being as full as I was when i started the injection so not sure if my body has adpted to it over time but still don't feel need to snack as before, lost 14kg so just over 2 stone and been able to at very least maintaine my weight even when going away and not eating maybe as I should be.

Have changed my diet and cut out carbs as well as exersise so hard to tell what is drug and what is lifestyle change but helps me feel fuller for longer for sure.

overall has helped me, hope this helps and hope all works out for you

All the best

I'm on dulaglutide atm and have been since April which is a once weekly injection to stomach or upper thighs.

They come in empipen style single use injection, where you press a button on top and is spring loaded so does it all itself once placed on skin, found this helps me as you don't see needle and is extremely quick.

As far as side effects, had very little personally, upset stomach maybe about time when I was due my next injection for first 4 weeks then seemed to calm down but nothing drastic I'd say.

Found it very hard to lose weight and think that it's helped me a lot managing this as makes me feel fuller even after a small meals but have noticed of late not being as full as I was when i started the injection so not sure if my body has adpted to it over time but still don't feel need to snack as before, lost 14kg so just over 2 stone and been able to at very least maintaine my weight even when going away and not eating maybe as I should be.

Have changed my diet and cut out carbs as well as exersise so hard to tell what is drug and what is lifestyle change but helps me feel fuller for longer for sure.

overall has helped me, hope this helps and hope all works out for you

All the best
Thank you so much for your comments. It has been a great help hearing from someone who is on it and been using it for a while. Where do you find it best to inject stomach or thigh ? Thanks again it’s been a great help in helping me decide.

Thank you so much for your comments. It has been a great help hearing from someone who is on it and been using it for a while. Where do you find it best to inject stomach or thigh ? Thanks again it’s been a great help in helping me decide.
Nurse advised me not to inject in same spot on the next injection so I personally go in a circle, starting at right side of my belly button, then right upper thigh, then left thigh the left side of belly button.

This personally works for me as x4 in a box so easy to work out and make sure I'm not using a place I've not used before but don't think there's a wrong or right way, as long as around belly button or upper thigh just do what suits you.

But as far as best places, not noticed much difference, just a small very short lived scratch is all, if I go away tend to do near belly button just out of convinence but no wrong or right just avoid using same spot twice in a row.

All the best
James

Worth remembering. Do you think you’re better on the injections rather than the tablets ? I really don’t know what I should do.

Worth remembering. Do you think you’re better on the injections rather than the tablets ? I really don’t know what I should do.
I'm on both tablets (metformin) and weekly injection so possibly not best person to advise.

Was on tablets alone to start with and found myself having a bit more energy since starting on the injection as previously would suffer with chronic fatigue before being on the injections and personally found it has 100% helped me, as my body is working better I guess, not sure of science tbh but found as I'm not tired all the time my mood is better, am able to find the energy I would struggle to find before, and happier in general, this might not be your case so wouldn't want to say your better on this then that but personally have found it benifical.

Hope all goes well whatever you decide is best for you.

All the best
James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back