wearing the pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

stxo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi all, i am trying my hardest to get a pump, but i was wondeing how do you wear it when you wear a dress? i like to wear dresses in the summer and at events etc, and it just seems there is nowhere to but it if a belt doesnt go with the outfit. just wondering 😉

Hiya

Lots of women get a clip and clip it to their bra 🙂

Even though I'm female I don't wear dresses🙂

But saying that there are verious metbods one can implement to wearing dressing, from wearing a hoister around the leg or arm, you can get a pounch that clipes to the bra strap at the side so the pump sits under the arm.. Some plonk their pump in their cleveage! You can also just hang it around your neck..

It may be worth considering when you looking at what pump to choose, and going for one of the one with a remote to it, such as the Spirit Combo (the one I use) or the new DanaR that's just come out, I'm not 100% sure but the other pumps don't have a remote handset as standard, but a few you can get one at an extra cost.. Or another alternitive is the Omipod which is a tubles insulin pump with remote, Rouche is apparently bringing out a tubeless pump at some point during this year..

I have a cotton pump holder from Accuchek, it has a 'hook over' hook which hooks over the middle part of my bra between the cups, and the pump hangs dow below my boobs, completely out of the way - the bag has poppers at the bottom and the pump tubing etc comes out there. You can get them in white or black and theyare very soft and washable.

I don't want to stuff a pump in my bra as constriction of breast tissue is implicated in cancer.

I use the same as Liz 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back