We must legalise access to medical cannabis as a matter of urgency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
You’re effectively using the essential ingredients of cannabis right now. You and everyone else. That’s because our brains, and other parts of the body, have a natural endocannabinoid system that is now known to assist with how we deal with pain, the control of movement, the protection of the brain after damage and a host of other functions. Our increasing knowledge of this natural endocannabinoid system now gives a solid scientific rationale for why cannabis has so many positive medicinal effects. And as well as this recently understood scientific rationale, there is a substantial body of clinical evidence that medical cannabis works. My review of that evidence is published today by the UK all-party parliamentary group on drug reform as part of their inquiry into medical cannabis.

My challenge to the government is to have the political courage to accept the scientific rationale, accept the evidence and move to legalise access to medical cannabis under prescription here in the UK as a matter of urgency.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/13/legalise-medical-cannabis-urgency

I've been vaping cannabis extract for a couple of months (with the THC removed). I haven't really noticed any difference. Like MS sufferers, I was wondering if it might help my motor neuropathy. I suspect it's the THC that does the job. I haven't used cannabis recreationally since 1977.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back